Quantcast

How Clueless are you?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Some of the questions were crappy eg:

Free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:

A the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends

B markets rely upon coercion, whereas government relies upon voluntary compliance with the law

C more tax revenue can be generated from free enterprise

D property rights and contracts are best enforced by the market system

E government planners are too cautious in spending taxpayers’ money
No right answer just a less wrong one.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Got 10 questions in and had a flashback to my AP U.S. Government class and stopped. I fvcking hated that class. Hated the teacher, hated the material, hated the textbook, hated everything. I knew all the ones I answered though

as for the guaranteed rights question, property was originally included but swapped for pursuit of happiness before the final draft because of the possible interpretation that everyone (white males) was guaranteed property whether or not they could afford it
potential spoiler alert:
I seem to recall the same thing in regards to happiness/property. Actually, the only reason I remembered that one was from a philosophy class I took in college where we had a rather spirited debate about whether or not "pursuit of happiness" necessarily included "property".

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %

I guess I'm better off than most teachers, somehow? my only history class ended before any of the dates in the questionnaire(late 1800's i think).

Incorrect Answers
Question: The phrase that in America there should be a “wall of separation” between church and state appears in:
Your Answer: the Declaration of Independence
Correct Answer: Thomas Jefferson’s letters
Question: In 1935 and 1936 the Supreme Court declared that important parts of the New Deal were unconstitutional. President Roosevelt responded by threatening to:
Your Answer: impeach several Supreme Court justices
Correct Answer: appoint additional Supreme Court justices who shared his views
Question: A flood-control levee (or National Defense) is considered a public good because:
Your Answer: government construction contracts increase employment
Correct Answer: a resident can benefit from it without directly paying for it
Question: Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Aquinas would concur that:
Your Answer: all moral and political truth is relative to one’s time and place
Correct Answer: certain permanent moral and political truths are accessible to human reason
Question: In 1933 Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed a series of government programs that became known as:
Your Answer: the New Frontier
Correct Answer: the New Deal
Question: If taxes equal government spending, then:
Your Answer: government debt is zero
Correct Answer: tax per person equals government spending per person on average
Question: What was the source of the following phrase: “Government of the people, by the people, for the people”?
Your Answer: Declaration of Independence
Correct Answer: Gettysburg Address

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If the Bus driver is from Romania, then who drives the Bus in Romania? Who takes care of his cats when he drives the bus? Can you request a Romanian Bus driver to take you to the Airport? He was very nice. Do you have to take civics class in High School in Romania or is it a moot point?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If the Bus driver is from Romania, then who drives the Bus in Romania? Who takes care of his cats when he drives the bus? Can you request a Romanian Bus driver to take you to the Airport? He was very nice. Do you have to take civics class in High School in Romania or is it a moot point?
If a bus driver left Romania at 43 mph and accelerated with the exponentially decaying rate y'=e^-5t how long would it take for the BO of the homeless guy sitting in front make you wish you were riding your bike?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If a bus driver left Romania at 43 mph and accelerated with the exponentially decaying rate y'=e^-5t how long would it take for the BO of the homeless guy sitting in front make you wish you were riding your bike?
He wasn't homeless, he was jewish Dentist from Isreal. He had to go home to serve in the Military, his BO was weirdly strong though.... I don't think speed effected his odor either.... His Parents spent time in Romania too....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He wasn't homeless, he was jewish Dentist from Isreal. He had to go home to serve in the Military, his BO was weirdly strong though.... I don't think speed effected his odor either.... His Parents spent time in Romania too....
Random fact. I have taken the bus twice in my life. Both times in the past month. Each time I witnessed several homeless people pay the $2.50 fare to go little more than a couple of blocks. Even the homeless in this country are rich and lazy.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
23/33 or 69.7%

Not bad considering I've never been to the US, studied your history, constitution, political system or economics and was largely making (un?)educated guesses.

Very weird the sudden crude segue into right wing/libertarian free market economics at the end of the questions??

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Random fact. I have taken the bus twice in my life. Both times in the past month. Each time I witnessed several homeless people pay the $2.50 fare to go little more than a couple of blocks. Even the homeless in this country are rich and lazy.
$2.50 Jeebus, its only a $1 here. $2.50 doesn't leave you enough to go to Mcdonalds before you go home...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
23/33 or 69.7%

Not bad considering I've never been to the US, studied your history, constitution, political system or economics and was largely making (un?)educated guesses.

Very weird the sudden crude segue into right wing/libertarian free market economics at the end of the questions??
We've been programming you your entire life. It's good to see our efforts paid off. Thanks (buy a buick) for playing...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
acutally I stole the link from a right wingnut board. They were ranting how there was no way "Libtards" (their Word) could score well. I figured this place was anything but far right (HK and a few other excepted) and would be a good way to disprove their self proclaimed superiority.

I was correct

now lets go drink beer

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
acutally I stole the link from a right wingnut board. They were ranting how there was no way "Libtards" (their Word) could score well. I figured this place was anything but far right (HK and a few other excepted) and would be a good way to disprove their self proclaimed superiority.

I was correct

now lets go drink beer
is that cause "libtards" are actually more educated?

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid

I was correct

now lets go drink beer
Lol. Our libtardiest seem to have quite well.