Quantcast

how did this happen...?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
1,612
0
The armpit of San Diego
So, I applied for a job at the Sunglass hut. The store is about 15 minutes east of where I live and in the desert on an indian reserve/casino dealio. I drive all the way out there to turn in my application to be told that they need someone who speaks spanish (which I do) and they give me a card telling me to go back home and do the interview via the phone. The interview questions are all automated crap like "Would you or have you ever stolen anything?" generalities like that.
Now, I have about 5 years of retail experience and perfect record when it comes to work. Always punctual and stay late to finish a certain task (may not seem like it, but I am a pretty good worker). I call today to find out the results and it turns out I failed the phone interview. In total, I spoke with the manager for 3 minutes, and never met face to face with her. So, they deny me the job because of a phone interview? I mean, that to me is BS. How hard is it for a company to actually interview a person instead of doing what a machine tells them? agghh
</rant>
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
37,076
3,950
Sleazattle
manziman said:
oh, I concur. I'm just wondering what happened to doing an actual interview instead of having a phone system do it for you.

I'd just keep calling the auto interview number for fun. You could make up different characters.
 

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
21,027
3
Denver
they told you that you "FAILED" the interview? That seems extremely odd if they did. Are you upset and exaggerating? Reasonable if you are, but I can't fathom they said "failed".

If you're upset, go firebomb the place. It's only indians, they're used to it.
 

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
1,612
0
The armpit of San Diego
LordOpie said:
they told you that you "FAILED" the interview? That seems extremely odd if they did. Are you upset and exaggerating? Reasonable if you are, but I can't fathom they said "failed".

If you're upset, go firebomb the place. It's only indians, they're used to it.
yup, I failed the interview. And the asst. manager said "yea, I'm sorry you didn't pass"...
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
manziman said:
So, I applied for a job at the Sunglass hut. The store is about 15 minutes east of where I live and in the desert on an indian reserve/casino dealio. I drive all the way out there to turn in my application to be told that they need someone who speaks spanish (which I do) and they give me a card telling me to go back home and do the interview via the phone. The interview questions are all automated crap like "Would you or have you ever stolen anything?" generalities like that.
Now, I have about 5 years of retail experience and perfect record when it comes to work. Always punctual and stay late to finish a certain task (may not seem like it, but I am a pretty good worker). I call today to find out the results and it turns out I failed the phone interview. In total, I spoke with the manager for 3 minutes, and never met face to face with her. So, they deny me the job because of a phone interview? I mean, that to me is BS. How hard is it for a company to actually interview a person instead of doing what a machine tells them? agghh
</rant>
What kind of questions did they ask? It sounds to me like their employment process might be a bit on the shady side--since it seems like they're pre-screening their applicants.
 

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
7,238
35
San Diego, California, United States
ummm dude. if its the reservation i think it it. the viejas are known for being dickholes to anyone that isnt native american. not to mention there the greediest and most crooked bunch youll meet. welcome to san diego
 

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
1,612
0
The armpit of San Diego
lovebunny said:
ummm dude. if its the reservation i think it it. the viejas are known for being dickholes to anyone that isnt native american. not to mention there the greediest and most crooked bunch youll meet. welcome to san diego
We need to work on your punctuation and spelling..
 

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
704
0
Fredrock
Your application was flagged the minute they saw your cornrows. You could have answered all of the questions right and you would have failed.
 

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
1,612
0
The armpit of San Diego
riderx said:
Your application was flagged the minute they saw your cornrows. You could have answered all of the questions right and you would have failed.
who are you? I've never even seen you on here before...hey, way to be original with the cornrows remark...
 

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
704
0
Fredrock
manziman said:
who are you? I've never even seen you on here before...hey, way to be original with the cornrows remark...
Look stubby, you wanted to know how it happened, I just offered up a logical answer. Besides, if you are going to lob softballs, there's no reason not to hit them!
 

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
1,057
1
Paradise
Bwhahahaha.....that interveiw was gay.

I got bored about halfway through, so i just started to hit false on every question....


* I'm a model employee *
 

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
9,844
11
So Cal
I find it funny that when Tenchiro posts a thread about basically the same thing ( http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132606 ) people are sympathetic. Because Manzi is a kid applying at a sunglass hut he get's crap over it. Oh well, if you can't beat em, join em...

You sure they didn't ask about hairstyles or sheep?

I am always amazed that when it comes to retail jobs the companies are very strict... drug tests, personality tests, etc. But any moron can get a job in my company making 40k a year starting at the lowest level job there is... help desk. Seriously, you should see some of the people they hire. Shoot, they hired me! :D Weirdest thing is that a hospital doesn't drug test it's employees. You'd think that of all places a hospital would drug test. oh well.

Hey Manzi, you good with a computer? Wanna job?
 

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
1,612
0
The armpit of San Diego
Ciaran said:
I find it funny that when Tenchiro posts a thread about basically the same thing ( http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132606 ) people are sympathetic. Because Manzi is a kid applying at a sunglass hut he get's crap over it. Oh well, if you can't beat em, join em...

You sure they didn't ask about hairstyles or sheep?

I am always amazed that when it comes to retail jobs the companies are very strict... drug tests, personality tests, etc. But any moron can get a job in my company making 40k a year starting at the lowest level job there is... help desk. Seriously, you should see some of the people they hire. Shoot, they hired me! :D Weirdest thing is that a hospital doesn't drug test it's employees. You'd think that of all places a hospital would drug test. oh well.

Hey Manzi, you good with a computer? Wanna job?
actually, yea, I am..I just applied at Hollister and Best Buy (which was all automated and pure personality stuff again)..so, yea, still looking til I have a secure yes.