Quantcast

How do I Bunny Hop?

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
This is how I would describe what I do: stand on your pedals, with your body hovering low and close to your bicycle. Then, quickly stiffen your arms and legs, as if you are jumping off your bicycle. As you are throwing your weight upwards, also pull the handlebar up while rolling your hands forward and down. The forward and down motion will bring your rear wheel into the air.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
bjanga said:
This is how I would describe what I do: stand on your pedals, with your body hovering low and close to your bicycle. Then, quickly stiffen your arms and legs, as if you are jumping off your bicycle. As you are throwing your weight upwards, also pull the handlebar up while rolling your hands forward and down. The forward and down motion will bring your rear wheel into the air.
yeah hes exactly right.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
I would learn to J-hop if i were you, which is kinda a bunny hop except you land different, and you kinda pull up different.But they both get you in the air.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Don't hate, appreciate. J hops are much more easier than bunnyhops, oh and make sure your legs are parallel to the ground, or you'll be having problems.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
VaNIlLin81 said:
Don't hate, appreciate. J hops are much more easier than bunnyhops, oh and make sure your legs are parallel to the ground, or you'll be having problems.
do you mean your pedals are or your legs?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
just get some clipless pedals and when you come up to the obstacle just jump really hard.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
kinghami3 said:

hehe you likey tha sarcasm!!!!!!!

seriously i know so many riders of clipless that say they can bunnyhop but they cant at all on flat pedals. its awesome to take the on an urban ride and watch them flat all over the place cause they cant hop a curb.