Quantcast

how do i find my IP address

splat

Nam I am
firetoole said:
on the subject does anyone know the default address of a Linksys router?
192.168.1.1 linksys
192.168.1.246 linksys access point
192.168.0.1 dlink

and as a good practice , because every script kiddie in teh world knows that , change you default router addy , and network. like ,make the router .2 and the network 192.168.44.X things like that will really slow the script kiddies from breaking into your system. and by the way deafault user is admin and so is the password .

edit: had liksys and dlink reveresed

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
splat said:
192.168.0.1 linksys
192.168.0.246 linksys access point
192.168.1.1 dlink

and as a good practice , because every script kiddie in teh world knows that , change you default router addy , and network. like ,make the router .2 and the network 192.168.44.X things like that will really slow the script kiddies from breaking into your system. and by the way deafault user is admin and so is the password .
thanks, I alway forget when I actually need to log into it :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
splat said:
192.168.1.1 linksys
192.168.1.246 linksys access point
192.168.0.1 dlink

edit: had liksys and dlink reveresed
Also, turn off remote admin on the router if you can. No real good way to script a serial cable :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Those default IPs are different for all of their products. Their VoIP router, for instance, is 192.168.15.1. However, if you go to the Linksys website they have help docs for all of the routers that provide the default IP.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
My neighbor setup a wireless lan. Default SSID, no WEP, my PSP connected to it in a couple of nano seconds. Looks like he has cox broadband also, saves me the trouble of setting up my access point again.

I've got a vendor coming in in a week who wants to put in wireless access points for video equipment, on our inside network, His solution to security is 64 bit WEP. It took me less than five minutes to find, and down load programs to break into a wep encrypted access point.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
HA, well since the thread is up I will mention this....... About two years ago I had some real fun when replacing my router.... Mine fried and I went and got whatev er I could find quickly, Hooked it all up and started the program to set it up...... Turns out the IP for the router I bought was the same as the DSL modem...... So it programmed the modem for me as well........ The modem does not work when programmed as the router, or however that worked out......

Moved to FIos now.