Quantcast

How do I get to the 495 jumps?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i make the jumps unhittable by the "poachers" everybody knows the best rider is the rider who made the jumps. i make a tabletop with a nice lip. they tear down the lip. they come back to a 20ft double. not my problem i can jump it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This is just a question, but do some of you guys tear down your trails after they have become to popular? Because it pisses me off thinking that a trail that I took half a year to build completely by myself and only ride a hand full of times , is being poached by other people. I dont like the idea that people are profiting off half a year of work without putting in a single shovel full of dirt or a single water run.
And then the people who are my "friends", who are basically just using me for land development and a place to ride, get pissed at me because I take the jumps down. Just wondering if any of you guys do this as well.
I've torn out lips to stop motos but that's about it.

With the stuff I've built, my general feeling is that I built it because I want to ride it........so unless something is just constantly getting trashed and we're spending more time fixing than building or riding, tearing something down is counter productive.

I don't mind 'poaching' as long as it's not done by a bunch of destructive, clueless morons. Biggest problem I've seen is that even good riders know less than good riders and everybody has a mouth.

People who build something have a respect from an understanding of what it took to construct it. Others just rolling up on it really have nothing to lose by it getting trashed but do have some minor 'status' by knowing of the location and then sharing it.

It varies with location too..........I've been building things in dry areas with a digging season of about 4 weeks a year as well as places I can dig all winter. I'm more territorial about the more fragile stuff.

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
I've torn out lips to stop motos but that's about it.

With the stuff I've built, my general feeling is that I built it because I want to ride it........so unless something is just constantly getting trashed and we're spending more time fixing than building or riding, tearing something down is counter productive.

I don't mind 'poaching' as long as it's not done by a bunch of destructive, clueless morons. Biggest problem I've seen is that even good riders know less than good riders and everybody has a mouth.

People who build something have a respect from an understanding of what it took to construct it. Others just rolling up on it really have nothing to lose by it getting trashed but do have some minor 'status' by knowing of the location and then sharing it.

It varies with location too..........I've been building things in dry areas with a digging season of about 4 weeks a year as well as places I can dig all winter. I'm more territorial about the more fragile stuff.

That was the reason i "stuck" my head in to this tread...because is not just about one specific trail...but yet...about every single jump where you spent a lots of time,hard work and love for the sport...so later on somebody come buy and destroy all your hard work and still talk mad sh*t about you or your spot...again..lets grab a showel first..and when we're done..lets ride!!!