Quantcast

How do I go about...

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
how to I go about
learning how to ride a motorcycle? I don't have the funds to actually buy one at the moment, but how do I even start? I don't know crap about motorcycles at all, they've always seemed like fun, but I've never tried anything larger than a 50cc? I know there are some moto homies here on the monkey, what da' yall think?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Look up "Motorcycle Safety Foundation", MSF, MOST, motorcycle class, in google for your area. If you're coming back this way, you could take the class at Red Rocks College or a number of other places thru ABATE of Colorado.

I absolutely recommend these types of classes... even tho they only scratch the surface, it's a very good beginning. They not only teach basic riding skills, but also dangerous situations you WILL encounter a handful of time EVERY time you get on a bike.

Riding my scooter has helped me on both mt. and road bikes.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
:stupid:

Ditto what wingmaster said. I already knew how to ride a motorcycle when I took the MSF class. (I didn't have a bike to take the state riding test and you only have to take the state written test if you pass the MSF course.) I still learned a lot, though. And most of the class was composed of people who had never been on a bike before.

Besides, it's fun to zip around the parking lot on those lil Honda 125's they have you ride. :evil: