Quantcast

how do i...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I'm guessing you have a euro bottom bracket. It's been awhile since I've used non-three piece cranks. If memory serves me correctly You just screw the bottom bracket in, then tighten on the cup or lock ring. From there you put the cranks on, and tighten down the bolts. it's way easier to put on compared to a tree piece. You just have to make sure you get the right bottom bracket length so you get the right chain line.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
If it's a euro bb than it's no different than a mtb. Just screw it in. If it's an american bb you have a couple of options. 1 - get a reducer that takes the american down to a euro. 2 - truvativ makes a bigger bb that will fit an american. Truvativ makes cranks for BMX - check their website.

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
san juan capistrano old town
well - make sure that the bottom bracket is a 68 mill shell cause u might have to use spacers - NOTE : MTB cranks are spaced out for 3 chain rings - so getting a correct chain line is going to be tricky - and drive side crank arm is going to be sticking out more that the nondrive so play around with the bb spacers ( 2 on left non on drive ???)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
No dice. I don't think anyone makes an ISIS spindle for an American BB, but I may be wrong.

And why do people say you can't run LSD? I've done it, and look at a stock Specialized Fuse IV.