Quantcast

how do you cook your duck?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
roast and crispy, of course.

there was a place in the old country that made the best duck .... damn those ladies could cook.
I'd have eaten a plate of duck skin and dumplings if they'd have allowed it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Heh. I've been there. Been a few years now. I should go back and get the duck.

Have u been to this place yet?

Gabys German Eatery
245 S Harlan St, Lakewood, CO 80226
(720) 329-8188
https://goo.gl/maps/wA5tNiXrrNt
You must try this dish next time you go: Szegediner Goulash with potatoes, sauerkraut and cream, juniper berries and caraway
I cook one couple times a year. I don't think it is a German dish, still delish. :drool:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Brine them and fry them like a Turkey. Salt, water, 5 spice powder, and maple syrup. Roasting in a pan is good too... Carrots will soak up the fat and are oh so tasty. 300deg for 60 minutes add 20 minutes for each additional bird. I do 2/3 at a time... Keep the necks on if you fry them...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Smoker.

Good God I fucking love duck. Took my wife out for her birthday and had the duck here:

https://panzano-denver.com/menu
looks fancy.

try -
http://www.goldeneuroperestaurant.com/about_us
fun fact: I've also been to their old restaurant back outside of Chicago, many times. If you love this style of food, go check out this place.
You guys been here? http://www.gaetanositalian.com/?utm_source=local&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Stopped for dinner while on a road trip on my brothers recommendation. :drool:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I thought this was going to be about the German dude who cooked a dick, but what do I know

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Never cooked a whole duck but I braise the legs and pan-roast the breasts. If I want to cheat I'll pick up confit legs and crisp 'em up in a pan. Or just go out for peking duck. MMMMM, duck.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Per my friend Dave, Cut it up into breasts, thighs, wings, and neck. Soak in milk overnight. Salt and pepper in some rice flour in a zip lock bag. Coat the fuck out of them. Re-dip in milk. Dip again in the flour mixture. Fry them in 325deg Peanut oil. 12 minutes. Pull them out. let them sit for 5 min. Squeeze a Orange over the resting duck. Fry again for 10 more minutes. Finish with honey...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Roasted crispy skin in the oven with various spice things depending on mood. On a wire rack. With sliced up crusty bread under.
The duck fat/spice combination drips in and on the bread. Carmelizes to deliciousness!

Or if just breasts, usually in a pan with whatever we are in the mood for.

Made some crispy pan fried chunked up breasts into tacos a while ago. Gotta do that one again!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Anna made Duck in a Pan for me. Just butter and shallots. She put carrots and fingerling Potatoes in the Pan also. To me a half a stick of butter is easily a 1/4 stick of fat. If you cook the duck at a reasonable heat the tators soak up all the fat and get nasty (I am not a fan of small potatoes of any sort.). However the carrots are like Pot Roast carrots when they get soft in the pan. Duck was expensive. $14 for a decent one. Instead get Cornish Game Hens. Usually cheap and tasty as fuck. I can get Pheasant also. Just not worth the effort. The Chicken man at the Public Market gets me fresh Roasters dressed for $6.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Duck Char Su. I do not know how it is made or whats in it. The breast portions are so good. I love the fatty parts and how crispy they get fried. If it is on a menu, trust me and order it. Lee Restaurant Toronto

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Duck Char Su. I do not know how it is made or whats in it. The breast portions are so good. I love the fatty parts and how crispy they get fried. If it is on a menu, trust me and order it. Lee Restaurant Toronto
Interesting...I'll be in those parts in a couple weeks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I won't be cooking Duck again anytime soon. To much work for to little reward. Cooked 2 game hens in the oven. Much better and $3 a bird. Duck is to expensive...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The Pervuian sandwich shop in downtown Bellingham is always a must-stop-by for me...That is all.