Quantcast

How do you deal with facial injuries?

Spuddfluff

Chimp
Apr 7, 2009
I don't mean miracle cures people, but how do you hide it or if you don't hide it, stop yourself feeling embaressed.

With me second day riding EVER and I was going down these set of table tops only about 3 and a half feet high with a 4ft or so, suddenly out of no where comes this 5ft one with a 5ft or so gap, I land it after ****ting myself and as I begin feeling good this jump about the same height except only about 2ft across comes up and because I assumed I had to nose dive, I did and went over the handle bars, denting my helmet, scraping the curve of one shoulder and unfortunately scraping my face on the veeery compact sand floor :clapping:

But today I went out and I started feeling realy self concious about this funny feeling thing on my face even though people only realy gave it a glance. So I realy realy need tips on this.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
That's part of the game, man. I broke my front tooth and the broken stub pierced through my lip, not to mention I scraped the crap out of my chin during bmx practice once. That was on a 1' six-pack too! I had to go to class like that. I used an open face at the time and started to wear a full face once I recovered.

I think its time for you to wear a full-face to protect that pretty mug.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Battle scars are cool and make for good stories but on a serious note always wear a fully. especially doing dj's or riding park any time there is a high chance of bailing or eating the ground. Seen too many broken jaws and teeth. same reason I wear shin guards anytime I ride with flat pedals. taken 1 too many spikes that feel like they go to the bone and swollen shins for weeks.

Feb 17, 2009
San Francisco
Don't worry, I scraped off half my face mountain biking 2 summers ago and met my current girlfriend when I had 3 post-it sized scabs still on my face, own your scars...

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
hell yeah! wear that badge. I bit through my tongue, broke my nose, and have a scar on it from faceplanting a driveway after landing on a damp ramp... I said I was trying to do front flips lol

Doctor that stitched me up asked if i wanted a tongue piercing...

Last edited:

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
hell yeah! wear that badge. I bit through my tongue, broke my nose, and have a scar on it from faceplanting a driveway after landing on a damp ramp... I said I was trying to do front flips lol

Doctor that stitched me up asked if i wanted a tongue piercing...
Sweet!! That's awesome.

Spudd, Just sack up and quit being a pu$$y.......... totally joking

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
anyone have any ideas for protecting teeth?
I was at warped tour this past summer
and my mouth caught the business end of someones elbow
needless to say 6k spent on fixing them I don't plan on getting my teeth knocked out again
I was thinking of a mouth guard for dh, but what about breathing through your mouth?
seems kinda hard too, I just plan on rocking a fullface for the time being

May 23, 2007
Stamford, CT
anyone have any ideas for protecting teeth?
I was at warped tour this past summer
and my mouth caught the business end of someones elbow
needless to say 6k spent on fixing them I don't plan on getting my teeth knocked out again
I was thinking of a mouth guard for dh, but what about breathing through your mouth?
seems kinda hard too, I just plan on rocking a fullface for the time being
you can be like me and use your tongue.... If it weren't for my tounge I probably would've shattered something haha