Quantcast

how do you do it?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
well, first get hoping on the rear wheel down. once you can do that(doesn't matter if you stay in once place or not). but once you get that down, you can start learning the pedalkick. as you are about to hop, lower the front wheel a bit, give about a quarter pedal rotation, as you release the rear brake, once you are in the air, grab the rear brake again before you land, if you don't the wheel will slip out from under you and you'll fall on your back.
just practice practice practice. you'll get it down. just try it on flat land. just practice the basics(corictive hops with both wheels on the ground, rear wheel pivots, front wheel pivots, pivoting up and down stairs both front wheel first and rear wheel first) If you dont' start small you'll never be able to do the big moves. also riding with other people can help you improve a whole lot too.

hope that helps.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Yeah, riding with other people is key. Your from boulder, right? We have a kick ass trials scene here. lots of people to watch and learn by. Go to ObservedTrials.net and look in the colorado section and join up with a group ride. I ride almost everyday so if you ever wanna ride shoot me a PM or email.

(I am from boulder even if my location says different)

I learned pedal kicks by doing it from both wheels on the ground before I learned to do them from balancing on the rear wheel. Just one less thing to worry about when you are trying to learn the timing of when to let go of the rear brake and crank the pedals. Follow the same formula that iridebikes said before but with both wheels on the ground. If you are doing it right you should land balanced on the rear wheel. Eventually you should be able to drop the front end a little bit and pedal kick again.

hope something in there makes sense.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Another thing would be to pedal up to your rear wheel w/o adding a hop in. Once you are on the rear then proceed with dropping your front wheel a bit and then kicking again without the hop. That will help you figure out the timing thing. Timing is the key to lots of moves in trials.