Quantcast

how do you get to the catipal(the biulding) agian

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i know i need to take 395 north. but then from there what do i take? i have not been on a urban ride so long i have forgot! i also never go to DC so i don't remember.

please help

dan

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
From Alexandria your best bet is metro to the Smithsonian station then walk to the Capitol. If you need to drive, keep in mind that a lot of roads around the Capitol are closed for security reasons (so I've heard). Take GW Parkway to 395 North. Once across the river I usually follow Rte 1 (left lanes) then turn right on to Independence Ave SW. I'm sure there's another way from 395, but I always screw it up and end up going under the mall and coming out the other side lost.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
sorry, poor spelling is a giant pet peeve o' mine... i get cranky when i see a flagrant violation.

i dare you to come up with a misspelled post of mine! i'll fess up to posting tons of innane, moronic, immature, confused, and pointless content. but it's all spelled correctly dammit!! :p

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
corey_dcstreet said:
sorry, poor spelling is a giant pet peeve o' mine... i get cranky when i see a flagrant violation.

i dare you to come up with a misspelled post of mine! i'll fess up to posting tons of innane, moronic, immature, confused, and pointless content. but it's all spelled correctly dammit!! :p
Isn't it "damn it?" :rolleyes:

:p

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
OMFG STEAM ROXORZ TEH BIG ONE111!

Ahem...anyway...BikeGeek's right on - driving anywhere near the Catipal Biulding [sic] or anywhere around the Mall area these days is pain with all of the security check points. At least it was a few weeks ago. The current list of street closures in DC is listed here.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
corey_dcstreet said:

um, corey? it's inane. ya know, with one "n".

:D

(how do you spell "owned"?)

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
spell it like this:

cory haz ben

man, you'd really think that i'd spell check a rant about spelling, wouldn't you?
hanging head... slinking away in shame...