Quantcast

how do you keep your boxxer in good shape?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
what do you do in regular basis to keep your 2010 wc boxxer in good condition?

I remember that the old ones just needed a new oil in the lower legs...

thanks

Same deal.
That little amount of 15w(10ml) doesn't stay clean for very long.

For the WC there is 5ml of 15w that lubricates the piston and air seals. Keep that up to date so the air side doesn't get sticky. Just dont forget to let the air out before you remove the top cap or hilarity will ensue.

So pretty much the upkeep is the same as the older boxxer

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
You buy something else and put Boxxer stickers on the side of it.

I'm sorry, I had to..

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
thanks loonatic.
I actually really like my 2010 wc boxxer
I used a 2007 ata 888 for 3 years till I replace it this summer in morzine.
just tuned it like they say on there site. and it was really a big different for the better.
the 888 ata was great. but the boxxer is WOW!!

so just replace the old oil in the lower legs and the oil in the air cartridge?

thanks.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I have felt more decent 2003 Boxxers with the drill mod than I have 2010 Boxxers.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
I always re-grease the lowers and put new oil in every month. Doesn't take long. A little loving can go a long ways.

Also the foam ring on the floating air piston in the WC is trash. YOu get more stiction with it installed. My 2 cents, take the crap out, the fork will feel loads better.

cjm102

Chimp
Dec 27, 2009
Aus
I have a few question and a story about the 2010 WC, if I can have some advice?

I'm currently on my third set of lowers due to cracking the arch and who knows why they put another set on last time it was back for warranty.
I have always found the forks have stiction, e.g. when pressed to the 30% markings on the travel, held in that position a second then pressing further down through the travel, the stiction created in this action makes the forks feel very poor, and the small bump sensitivity is rubbish. I'm about to send the forks back again for warranty, since the last rebuild they now have a knocking action somewhere inside (not at top out). They reamed the bushes last time to help with the stiction issues but I think they went too far, it now feels sloppy and flexy in the forks, you can visually see excessive movement in the lowers and feel it in the bars. Are they retro fitting the 2011 solo air parts into the 2010 as an upgrade? I'm almost laughed at by my friends with Bos suspension and even 09 WC forks. I just don't know what to do next but I'm just not happy with what they should be.

Cheers For any help.

I always re-grease the lowers and put new oil in every month. Doesn't take long. A little loving can go a long ways.

Also the foam ring on the floating air piston in the WC is trash. YOu get more stiction with it installed. My 2 cents, take the crap out, the fork will feel loads better.

There was a vid up on vital that showed the new boxxer internals for 2011 and they did in fact change the air cart so now it is alot shorter. The idea was that (on the 2010) as the fork compressed the air piston(and seal) would slide up in the stantion and would bind at the lower crown area due to over tighting the crown.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Dude your funny. I have an old 03 with the drill mod and there not even close.
I will however give you that a new boxxer when out of the box and lacking proper fluids feels like dodo.
But you know what, every marz i had came low on oil also:rant:
Low on oil??? was this an 08 and 09 issue? Every Marz fork I have owned from 07 and prior was always overfilled to the point of not getting full travel.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
There was a vid up on vital that showed the new boxxer internals for 2011 and they did in fact change the air cart so now it is alot shorter. The idea was that (on the 2010) as the fork compressed the air piston(and seal) would slide up in the stantion and would bind at the lower crown area due to over tighting the crown.
Well I meant for the 2010 one's not the 2011's. Hence if you look at the new solo air assembly it no longer has the foam ring on the air piston. Me and a few others found the foam ring on the 2010 wc's to cause more problems than good. So we opt to take it out, and it works awesome!

Well I meant for the 2010 one's not the 2011's. Hence if you look at the new solo air assembly it no longer has the foam ring on the air piston. Me and a few others found the foam ring on the 2010 wc's to cause more problems than good. So we opt to take it out, and it works awesome!

Well you raise a good point if in fact the 2011 does NOT have the foam ring. lemme go look at the pics again. I'm doing an overall on the fork this weekend and installing an Avalanche cartridge so i'll look at removing the foam ring on the air side while i'm at it
Thanks for the heads up...:thumb:

To the Marz guys: the forks i said had low oil were pre 07 models.