Quantcast

How do you know when an F1 driver needs a urine test???

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
dhbuilder said:
well seeing as how when i posted that i was sitting here with a fellow race fan who just happens to have recently(after years of hoop jumping and red tape cutting)become an american citizen after immigating from mexico.
he laughed and said."now our true secret is out."
i think you can put your race card back in your pocket or whatever orfice you stow it away in.
In that context it is funny. Maybe I need a Midol. I re-read what I wrote and it does sound pissy.

dhbuilder said:
we all know j.p.m.'s talent on ovals is as good as anybodies.
it remains to be seen how he'll be treated on track.
handshakes and smiles in the paddock doesn't nessecarily mean they cut him any slack on the track.
just ask steve kinser,cristian fittipaldi etc...

and if he's going to become a good ol' boy.
he definately is more worthy of the midpack garbage that "cheap" has the ability to put him in.
the style of racing that nascar has turned into is less about car to car competition, than it is about tuning to facilitate a certain lap time.
we'll see how long it takes him to get in tune with the cars,crew chief and team.
he'll probably take a season to come to terms with who he can race with and who should be avoided at all cost.

but with the much touted car of tommorrow coming into play next year, he won't be the only one on the learning curve.
if he's gonna make the switch,(because nothing more than mid-pack F1 teams showed any interest in him.) this would be the perfect time in nascar to do it.
Overall I agree, open wheel guys have to figure the car, the tracks, the 180 MPH love taps and all. NASCAR is atempting to becomemore international, this will help. Plus I hear some gal from the IRL is considering NASCAR too...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
there's no way i meant any slam on hispanics

heck i grew up in san diego.
75% of everyone our family knew were anything but gringos.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
BillT said:
I wonder if McLaren will get Hamilton into the F1 car or if if we'll get to see JPM in a Nextel or Busch series race before those respective seasons are over?
Hamilton would be interesting but I think unlikely, Montoya is free to start whenever so could easily happen.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Doesn't sound like JPM was having a real good time....

I still would hate to give up all that technology in F1 though...

Taken from F1Live.com - Bold, underline, etc. is by me.

Juan Pablo Montoya
"I know that it will be a tough transition but I'm really excited about the opportunity to move into the NASCAR championship. I have enjoyed most of my time in Formula 1 and I'm grateful for this opportunity to settle my personal life and concentrate on my future career."

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Spare a thought for Connie Montoya:

http://www.grandprixdiary.com/

In his excitement at actually finding something to do next year, Monty apparently forgot to tell his wife that no longer would she be gracing the elegant races of Monaco and Monza, but could instead expect to spend long hours at less glamorous tracks such us the Bristol Motor Speedway and the world famous Martinsville Autodrome.

We asked our U.S. racing correspondent, whether Mrs Montoya could expect to find much in the way of luxury shopping on her travels around the NASCAR calendar. Once he had stopped laughing he said; “Nope – but she can get a a bucket of wings, ribs and fries with 2 litres of coke for $7.95 – now try getting that sort of deal in Monte Carlo”

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm sure one of ya'll will find a link to this story today.

but montoya has been told to leave mclaren immediately.

so she may be getting that dose of culture shock a little sooner than she expected.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
dhbuilder said:
i'm sure one of ya'll will find a link to this story today.

but montoya has been told to leave mclaren immediately.

so she may be getting that dose of culture shock a little sooner than she expected.
Welcome to yesterday dude.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
hey dude.

heard it yesterday.
but was laughing at the wifes culture shock angle.

dude.