Quantcast

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Sorry about starting another thread about bacon, but my friend's 21st birthday is this weekend and since I can't make it up to Boone for the party, I decided to mail him a few pounds of bacon. Any ideas on how to do this? Ive heard of dry ice but im not exactly sure how to package it legally. Shouldn't cured meat be ok in room temperature for a few days? I tried the search feature but there were too many results for 'bacon' :rolleyes: and teh google doesn't have anything specific.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Any place that sells dry ice usually know the correct way to package dry ice. If not then every shipping company knows the legal and proper way to ship with dry ice.

That is really your only option. You could freeze it but who knows if the package will be delayed, lost, etc.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Clearly this should be in the bacon thread.

insulated container, bacon wrapped in some type of insulation and dry ice. All inside a corigated box. Dry ice can be purchased from welding gas suppliers.

I am pretty sure UPS/USPS/FEDEX will send dry ice and or meat. Really who cares? I send care packages of gasoline and guns all the time. :thumb:

edit: heroin too

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz

insulated container, bacon wrapped in some type of insulation and dry ice. All inside a corigated box. Dry ice can be purchased from welding gas suppliers.

I am pretty sure UPS/USPS/FEDEX will send dry ice and or meat. Really who cares? I send care packages of gasoline and guns all the time. :thumb:

How do I get on your Christmas card list?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
You can ship meat with the US postal Service

9.2 Preparation of Perishables
9.2.1 Container
Any container used to mail perishable matter must be constructed to protect and securely contain the contents.

9.2.2 Produce
Fruits and vegetables are not mailable unless presented in dry condition.

9.2.3 Water Ice
Water ice used as a refrigerant must be packed under 2.4 as though it were a liquid.

9.2.4 Dry Ice
A parcel containing dry ice (carbon dioxide solid) must be packed in a container that allows the release of carbon dioxide gas. If a fiberboard box is used, enough insulation is necessary to prevent condensation and wetting of the mailing carton.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to boogenman again.
The official RM authority of all things bacon has spoken!:thumb:

great info! Maybe I should send him an empty soda bottle and instructions so he can put that dry ice to good use when it gets there!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The official RM authority of all things bacon has spoken!:thumb:

great info! Maybe I should send him an empty soda bottle and instructions so he can put that dry ice to good use when it gets there!

lol wut? depending on how much is used, chances are there won't be any dry ice left.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you don't.....they have grocery stores in boone.

paypal him 10 bucks and save the post office some gas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They sell properly cured solid slabs of bacon in gas stations around here from non refrigerated displays.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's just not the same. And I want it to be a surprise.
a surprise is paying a call girl to show up at his work during his lunch break for a quick fvck.

bacon in the mail isn't much of a surprise.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
But people sending me hookers to work, on the other hand...