Quantcast

How do you Pay for your bikes?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
a badge of honor (show your pal ohio how that word is properly spelled,)

jealous of a little punk@$$ pip squeek like you ?

you're one of those guys who ten seconds after you've met someone you've popped off to on-line, you'd be on the ground cowering and shaking, all the while begging forgiveness.

you've got nothing.
I once killed a PCP-addled polar bear with my bare hands.

True story.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Drive a Taxi, the best place to meet chicks, no S&^T!!!
Absolutely, my buddy would go home with a different chick every few nights while driving his cab.

As for how I get money together for bike crap, I pan handle. You can see me on the corner of Yates and Blanshard here in Victoria, BC.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I get money for bikes by not spending a ton. I have a decent paying job, but I just don't go for the latest and greatest. My last 2 frames have been used and were good buys (traded for one, paid about 800 for the other). I buy cheap, look for deals and try to get hookups.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
well, up until this summer, my bikes have been a product of christmas/birthday presents, work around the house/neighborhood and also saving like crazy. i decided i wanted to get a full suspension back when i was like 12, i didn't know what it would be, but i knew it would be sick. so, i saved, excessively. 2 and 1/2 years later without having spent more than $50 since i started saving, i was able to afford my bike. whenever i got gift cards from grandparents to places like barnes and noble and blockbuster, my parents would buy the cards from me whenever they found themselves going to that place to spend money. it was pretty torturous saving for so long, i didn't even buy new pedals once my old ones died on my first bike, and i ended up not riding for 2 months because the spindle broke on the right pedal. well, this summer i'm getting a job now that i'm 16, so hopefully i won't be saving so much. maybe i'll be able to afford to go on some trips too, who knows? very exciting, i can't wait.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
I use the affiliate programs and Google Adwords to make money. I can go out ride all day, then come home, log into a few accounts and do my “work” to see how much I made that day. ...I cringe when I think about how if I never learned this stuff I would of had to get a real job.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
well, up until this summer, my bikes have been a product of christmas/birthday presents, work around the house/neighborhood and also saving like crazy. i decided i wanted to get a full suspension back when i was like 12, i didn't know what it would be, but i knew it would be sick. so, i saved, excessively. 2 and 1/2 years later without having spent more than $50 since i started saving, i was able to afford my bike. whenever i got gift cards from grandparents to places like barnes and noble and blockbuster, my parents would buy the cards from me whenever they found themselves going to that place to spend money. it was pretty torturous saving for so long, i didn't even buy new pedals once my old ones died on my first bike, and i ended up not riding for 2 months because the spindle broke on the right pedal. well, this summer i'm getting a job now that i'm 16, so hopefully i won't be saving so much. maybe i'll be able to afford to go on some trips too, who knows? very exciting, i can't wait.

sounds exactly like me. Only I saved up at age 10, got a hardtail for 500 after 2 years saving. Then I realized I was an idiot and wanted a fully...luckily (or unluckily, however you put it...) my grandma became to old to live alone in her house and diagnosed with altimers (sp?) so I had to help my parents move her out all summer about 2 years ago (my grandpa died 15 years ago and owned an auto shop, so his garage had been untouched other then my dad, brother, and I...so ALOT of random metal was in their from welding...thats what took so long, heavy.) , as a result...I got alot of money and used that and christmas to buy a bike. And hear I'am like you with about 8 sponsors to help pay for my adiction.

midas

Chimp
Aug 16, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
I hustle. ill sell you bladless knives... with no handles im so good.
no but in all seriousness I work construction, worked at sombrio for a bit then make some dirty side money doing landscaping paying under the tableon the side. money comes now its just a matter of how i stack it. also working on getting my photo game up and getting more of that published and some goods/ money.

i lied im broke as ****, and i still do work all those jobs

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
sounds exactly like me. Only I saved up at age 10, got a hardtail for 500 after 2 years saving. Then I realized I was an idiot and wanted a fully...luckily (or unluckily, however you put it...) my grandma became to old to live alone in her house and diagnosed with altimers (sp?) so I had to help my parents move her out all summer about 2 years ago (my grandpa died 15 years ago and owned an auto shop, so his garage had been untouched other then my dad, brother, and I...so ALOT of random metal was in their from welding...thats what took so long, heavy.) , as a result...I got alot of money and used that and christmas to buy a bike. And hear I'am like you with about 8 sponsors to help pay for my adiction.
thanks for the life story chief:blah:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
This year, it was a combination of factors:

1. Selling 1.5 K of rare punk records.
2. Working PT in a bike shop (discount + off the books parts for hours).
3. Riding for another shop (Elevate Cycles) - Team discount.
4. Personal and team Elevate sponsorships (see list below).
5. TAX RETURNS!