Quantcast

How do you pee in a full Dainese Suit?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
their impact short has a small tailbone pad, "backside" pads, thigh pads, and hip pads.

What kind of padding does the shuttle suit offer, Transcend? You sell their product so I'm just curious. I just don't want to go for the full suit and find that it doesn't offer a higher degree of protection than the bombshell padded shorts that I have do.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
their impact short has a small tailbone pad, "backside" pads, thigh pads, and hip pads.

What kind of padding does the shuttle suit offer, Transcend? You sell their product so I'm just curious. I just don't want to go for the full suit and find that it doesn't offer a higher degree of protection than the bombshell padded shorts that I have do.
The impact shorts DO have a tailbone protector, but they barely get sold for biking. They were originally designed as a snowboard pad, the DH short had no tailbone protector. They decided to merge the 2 together for last year because the amount of protection products was getting out of hand!

The shuttle suit offers the spine, chest protector with shoulder cups and softshell bicep pads, shoulderblade pads and an adjustale kidney belt.

The shorts offer thigh protection both top and side, and then there is the knee/shin pads that are guaranteed not to move (unlike if you wear JUST the knee shin pads). They also include the ankle bone protectors.

For 2007 the products have changed a fair amount, so be sure to check out the (craptacular) dainese site to check them out. I will have product images ready in a few weeks, but the product has just arrived.

The dainese stuff doesn't necessarily offer MORE protection than the competitors, sometimes it is a good amount less, but it is fitted. It doesn't bunch, it stays in place and it tends to last a bit longer than some of the other brands. My 3/4 suit is going on 5 seasons now and needs to be replaced. Nothing lasts forever, especially in armour, but you can get a good bit of mileage out of these. The dainese stuff also breathes MUCH better than 99% of the heavier built stuff. For me, that is worth every cent in 98 degree, 99% humidity east coast summers.