Quantcast

How do you put the lube on?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So yeah, how to you apply lube to your shafts and bits and bobs?

I've always used queue tips, they do the job but fall apart too quickly. Looking for something similar, but where the applicator tip lasts longer.

I've thought about an old toothbrush, but keeping a grease covered brush laying around will just end in a mess with my luck. And then would need one for each type of grease.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I have 3 of these: Grease gun

One with Motorex, one with Lucas Red'nTacky, one with general cheap white grease. I keep the big grease containers stashed away and I keep these grease guns near the work bench at all time.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Grease gun, cheap paintbrushes, and fingers. A bag of these should be less than $15 and will last for years.

If your grease tub sits out all the time, cutting a hole in the top just big enough for a brush will help with contamination while keeping it readily accessible.

1677083937033.png

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
Have not used, but these seem like they could be a good solution.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Have not used, but these seem like they could be a good solution.

Thought this was a cool modification of that solution:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I have a grease gun for pivot fittings.
A tub of Park grease with a brush for almost everything else.
Chain lube? Clean chain, and drip slowly link by link.

Anything outside of that, the gimp usually takes care of for me.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Usually the surfaces and amount of grease are such that using a brush would waste extraordinary amounts of grease IME. So usually fingers (with gloves).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Usually the surfaces and amount of grease are such that using a brush would waste extraordinary amounts of grease IME. So usually fingers (with gloves).
Reusing is key to not wasting any, but so it not having butter fingers and dropping the damn thing on the ground. :busted: