Quantcast

how does rep and those green square things work?

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
maybe its my constant drunkeness or overall altered state of mind but i never really noticed either of them until another user pointed out that i recieved one from him.

looking around i see people with 2 rep points but 5 green square things and various combinations so basically im just wanting to get a rundown as to what both mean before i start slapping some positive (or more often negetive :weee:) reps on some people

thanks for the info in advance

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
The amount of rep you receive/lose varies depending on who's giving/taking from you. Those who have been a monkey since the dawn of time are able to give/take more rep points per instance compared to monkey's who are still crawling outta the womb. The more rep you have, the closer you are to the golden banana.

Once you have acquired enough points for a golden banana, you must spend 7 minutes in a dark room with the most senior of all monkey's so that he may give you the banana.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I say we go on a quest to neg rep MMike and jonKranked into oblivion. Get the torches and lets burn some bridges.
i think negative rep works differently than positive rep. For some reason I wanna say that negative rep isn't weighted as heavily as positive rep. Or maybe that's how it was with the old rep system.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it is called a joke. see, it works like this: i busted on you earlier for "reposting" and used that picture. then, i busted on you again here about "reposting" and used the same picture as my own "repost." it is funny, trust me. :D
in order for something to qualify as a joke, there is a prerequisite for something called "humor". In this case, there is none. If you're gonna make a Chris Reeves joke, at least be original.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
ok I just realized we never got a specific answer about this... Like what improves your rep power vs. green squares? At first I thought a green square was worth 50 rep points but thats not right because I have 159 right now and only 2 squares. And I have 1 rep power but ive seen people with one green square have 2 rep powers. I am so confused.. :confused:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Older members will have more rep power even if they don't have a lot of rep squares. That's why some of the monkeys have higher rep power. It's a combo of how long you've been a member and how much rep you have. It takes 1500 rep points to reach the Golden Banana.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
I have more
Thats only because you've been using these Rep Roids lately...
:nope:

Similar to regular steroids, these rapidly increase rep power but quickly decrease the quality content of said posts... ;)

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ok I just realized we never got a specific answer about this... Like what improves your rep power vs. green squares? At first I thought a green square was worth 50 rep points but thats not right because I have 159 right now and only 2 squares. And I have 1 rep power but ive seen people with one green square have 2 rep powers. I am so confused.. :confused:
It only gives you a maximum of 10 squares. So it's whatever the top rep level that we set divided by 10 squares.

Green squares are only loosely correlated to rep power. Green squares are the amount of rep you have. Rep power is a combination of amount of rep you have, how many posts you have and how long you've been a member.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Funny, I've never really used the system. I just noticed that several of you guys have given me some rep. Thanks, I guess I have more internet credit? How do I redeem this credit for beer?