Quantcast

How does the IFP Depth affects one shock

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
So Im rebuilding my DHX shock and the IFP valve was all crooked in there making it impossible for me to measure it.

I have a general idea of where it should be but lets say I'd like to experiment a little and play with different depths...

What will be the consequences of this?

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Set it too shallow and you won't get full travel and risk an oil leak. Set it too deep and you won't have much ramp up at the end of the travel. What stroke is your DHX?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
it will affect how progressive the shock is. I suppose with too little of depth that a seal may blow.
also, if you set it too high with a dhx you run the risk having it contact the internal volume adjustment if you run it full closed. not a good idea.

off the top of my head i want to say the depth measurement is in the ballpark of 37mm, but its been a while since i had a dhx apart.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
So Im rebuilding my DHX shock and the IFP valve was all crooked in there making it impossible for me to measure it.

I have a general idea of where it should be but lets say I'd like to experiment a little and play with different depths...

What will be the consequences of this?
not much reason to play with ifp depth on the DHX, the blue volume adjustment essentially does just that for you.

see post above ^^