Quantcast

how does your name (or kid's name) stack up? cool app

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
that is cool. my parents started a trend with Collin. ;) But Fred has been in decline since 1900. I think I want to name my kid a symbol. see if they can track that!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Wow, my name is very unpopular. Well, it was in 1940. :think:

My wife's name does not even appear. :)
If you type the name and hit enter when you're done, sometimes it pulls up names that are somehow hidden the rest of the time.

My name didn't show up until I hit enter.

Cool application, though!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
my name (tim) is declining, having hit its peak in the 60s (when i was born). but still pretty popular at 77th. my wife's (hilary) was popular before her time, having peaked in the 80s (hopefully this was not a hillary clinton phenomenon, but it could have been). her name is not in the top 1000 today. my oldest son's name (miles) has been on a resurgence since the 70s, and is now 231st on the list (still not all that common, though). my youngest (otis) has been on steep, steady decline since the 1900s, droping every year and it's not in the top 1000 currently.

IAB, just curious as to what MBC's name is.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
That's really cool! I'm glad to see that my daughter's name (Evelyn) hasn't come back into fashion quite yet (although it seems to be on the rise). I hate it when there's 10 kids in one class with the same name.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The network here at work prevents the java thingy from running. But being named Michael I know my name surged in the mid seventies. Freshman year in college 20% of the people on my floor were named Mike. I want to name my kid Atilla or Ghengis.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
The network here at work prevents the java thingy from running. But being named Michael I know my name surged in the mid seventies. Freshman year in college 20% of the people on my floor were named Mike. I want to name my kid Atilla or Ghengis.
i've known one attila and zero ghengis in my life. actually, maybe 2 attilas (one via my wife).

adolf, not surprisingly, had a very quick and sudden decline to zero before 1920 and has not made a reappearance since.

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
This is a cool website. Apparently my name has been on a downward trend since the 60s.

pixelninja said:
I hate it when there's 10 kids in one class with the same name.

My GF is a teaches a class with 2 kids named Taylor. One is a boy and one is a girl. :confused:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i saw her open for The Smiths on their Queen is Dead tour...one of the worst musical experiences of my life (edit - Phranc, that is. morrissey and the lads were brilliant).