Quantcast

How high is the quality of life for your towns hobos?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Heath, my respect for you just went up tenfold. I was homeless for only a couple weeks in Europe, and it's not too much fun. I respect the homeless a whole lot more now, and invite them to beers when I can. In Alicante, a German dude was on the streets, and he got so stoked when we would get him beers and chill with him for a couple hours. He spoke perfect English, German and Spanish and was completely content on the street. In conclusion, I agree with you, a lot of homeless are on the street by choice. And that doesn't mean they don't deserve a little respect, just like every human being on the planet.

rooftest said:
How about the homeless that smoke? Those things are $5 a pack in CA now.
Naw, if you buy 2 packs at once, they're only about $3.50.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
bikenweed said:
Heath, my respect for you just went up tenfold. I was homeless for only a couple weeks in Europe, and it's not too much fun. I respect the homeless a whole lot more now, and invite them to beers when I can. In Alicante, a German dude was on the streets, and he got so stoked when we would get him beers and chill with him for a couple hours. He spoke perfect English, German and Spanish and was completely content on the street. In conclusion, I agree with you, a lot of homeless are on the street by choice. And that doesn't mean they don't deserve a little respect, just like every human being on the planet.

Naw, if you buy 2 packs at once, they're only about $3.50.

Thanks brah. It was good to see you in the states again. How was dirt jumpin' at 101?
I'm sure the experience in Espana was cool. I hear being homeless in europe is almost better except where it rains alot. With the hostels and all.
It's crazy how rude people are on the internet. I would love to meet these guys, they're probably kids with no concept of compassion or respecting their elders. :devil:
It's crazy being homeless and how we just categorize people by the sins we can see physically. All of us are so screwed up but we tend to judge the people that we can see their problems physically a lot harsher. Greed and lust are so easy to disguise, pride and arrogance are too. Look at Lane Armstrong-he's idolized but is so arrogant and prideful it's caused him to ostracize his friends and his family. But people who are fat or smoke or homeless we judge because it's socially accepted. How often do you hear people chastizing other who smoke publicly? Saying things like "Do you realize what you're doing to your body?" and such...it silly and difficult not to follow suit.

It's hard out here for a pimp.