Quantcast

how i got to drive a porsche

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Yesterday I took my friend to a volkwagen dealership to look for a new (used) car. She found a 2000 jetta in her price range. I talked with the sales manager and said i would come by tomorrow to test it for her. Today I went after school. The guy copied my license and handed me the keys! He let me go alone. Car ran great.

After i tested the jetta i told him a nice story of how my dad is going to buy me a new car. I said to him my pops thinks I should look at porsches. I explain to to salesman how my dad drives an a4, and is looking into getting an r8 (he is looking forward to the new gti) I asked if I could take out the a brand new Porsche Cayman thats on the lot. He happily says yes. Again hands me the keys and says come back when you want. I drove 35 miles having a blast. Didn't hit anything either.

Things i learned today
- volkswagen managers aren't very smart
- porsches are fun to drive
- if you dress nice people think you have money

mind you I have only been 18 since sunday. :pirate2:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz

I bet you looked just like this when he gave you the keys...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
y'all are missing the bigger fail than being an amateur con man: considering a 2000 Jetta.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
y'all are missing the bigger fail than being an amateur con man: considering a 2000 Jetta.
I don't follow. I currently have a 2000 jetta. My dad bought it new. It currently has 203,000 miles on it. The jetta I looked at was a 2.0 (mine is a vr6) and has no power windows, cruise control, or armrest. The car also only has 90,000 miles on it.

psychodad

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
New York
don't kid yourself, car sales are so pathetic right now, if they think they have a 1% chance of you "getting you into anything" the salesmen are going for it.
not to mention, some of these salesmen already know they are going to unemployed at a moments notice

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I dunno, I got to test drive a WRX a couple weeks after they were released in NA just cause I said I saw in on the commercials. There was no way I'd be able to afford replacing it if I effed it up.

The Cayman must cost double a WRX costs. You are therefore at least twice as dumb as me.

skunkty14

Monkey
May 29, 2007
+ 1 million. Just because one guy had a Pinto that he drove for 400,000 mi with no oil changes, original tires, and the first clutch doesn't mean that all the others weren't POS.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
don't kid yourself, car sales are so pathetic right now, if they think they have a 1% chance of you "getting you into anything" the salesmen are going for it.
not to mention, some of these salesmen already know they are going to unemployed at a moments notice
I like you took "advantage" of a nice salesman who was probably desperate to make any sale.

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
Not impressive in the least. My friend did the same thing in LA when he was 18 in a carrera, but with the sales man. He nearly got blindsided and the sales man didn't give a ****. Those are probably the easiest sports cars to get behind the wheel of. Try to get behind an M3 or M5, then you might get props, BMW dealers (at least in Oregon) are very stingy. Maybe if we get a nice day in the next month when I have some free time I'll drive my 2002 to the dealership and try take out one of the 135i's they have in the lot.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
I thought that was an awesome story.
I wouldn't call him a con artist, he just got to test drive a car. Didn't smash it, or anything. The guy that let him take it alone for as long as he wanted is the real dumbass.
Bravo.