Quantcast

How is Jamis' customer service, esp dealing with damaged frames?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Anyone have experience dealing with Jamis' customer service side? I'm considering a steel HT, but want to make sure they offer decent support, just in case...

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
service is good. Echo had a busted frame and they took care it after a few years. Squid is now riding the new frame. Ill get a hold of you on thur about the other frames you are interested in . Victor

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
T-Blazer said:
Ill get a hold of you on thur about the other frames you are interested in . Victor
Thanks.

I'll be out of town most of Thursday/Friday for a funeral. I'll give you a call next week - hopefully the HP will be sold by then.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah they hooked it up no questions. I was expecting a lot of hassle because I got the frame for next to nothing on closeout from Jenson. But there was no hassle at all. However the CS dude at Jenson did say they get more broken Jamis frames back than every other brand combined. Didn't make me feel like buying another.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I bought a dragon on ebay and bent it. talked to the service dude and he said just bend it back no questions about where i bought it. I said but can you guarantee it will be 100%, i race and cant have any mech's due to frame fatigue.
He said no he couldnt. I got a crash replacement for it at a pretty cheap price. To actually get it I had to go through a local shop and they probably made a little off of the exchange but I had an old frame lying around and we made a pretty sweet trade.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Cool - I doubt anything would ever happen, but with my luck, the only frame I ever crack in my life would be from a company that craps on it's customers.

I have also had dealings with Jamis, the problem was a broken rear triangle on an XLT 2.0. One of my customers/friends from the bike shop I used to run brought it in to me after having it for three months. What surprised me was that this guy rides more cross country than anything, big jumps and downhills really aren't his thing, so I was not expecting him to break his frame.

Anyway Jamis hooked him up. Not only did they replace the triangle, but they replaced it with an upgrade and were prompt with there delivery. Also, that weekend my friend was going to be in a race but since his bike was out of commission he couldn't race. I let Jamis know that he had to forfeit his entry fee, so to make up for it, they sent him two new tires (2.4's). So, no gripes here.

Just to add to it, I also ride a Jamis XLT and I am super happy with it.

Ride Hard

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<PURA VIDA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Wow, seems like you all have had much better experiances than I.

I broke a Dakar, The rep took MONTHS to come to the shop, and then felt bad for me and gave me a Komodo for 1/2 off wholesale.

It worked out in the end, but I was left with no bike for...... I think it was almost 4 months.

J

JRB

BigMike said:
It worked out in the end, but I was left with no bike for...... I think it was almost 4 months.
Bummer, but add 6 weeks to that for the one warranty I have seen from Titus, and folks love them. I hope I don't ever break my dakar, but if I do, I am not too worried about warranty.

I had an old 94 dragon that developed a hairline crack at the seat stay seat tube junction in 2001 and jamis sent me a shiny new 2000 model no questions asked.

Ill be getting one of the new dakars with carbon stays next month... lets hope i dont have to test the warrenty department on this one.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mountainbiker said:
I have also had dealings with Jamis, the problem was a broken rear triangle on an XLT 2.0. One of my customers/friends from the bike shop I used to run brought it in to me after having it for three months. What surprised me was that this guy rides more cross country than anything, big jumps and downhills really aren't his thing, so I was not expecting him to break his frame.

The XLT's are XC bikes........ not DH