Quantcast

How long have you gone unshowered?

How long have you gone unshowered?

• Total voters

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
In the Army...During Desert Storm. I went 42 days without a shower. My unit went straight to the desert after arriving in Saudi, and then straight into Iraq. Amazing how being scared sh!tless made personal hygiene barely a blip on my radar screen! Did what I could with a helmet full of water, a washcloth and baby wipes. And a daily fresh coat of deodorant. Worse still, I basically wore the same 5 sets of uniforms the whole time without washing them. My flightsuits were extra stinky. I resorted to putting deodorant directly on them.

When I finally got a shower....it was a water truck backed up to a big tent with PVC pipe with holes poked in it running throughout the tent. Not much pressure and the water was cold. The "floor" was palletts on the sand. Yes, one of the best showers I ever had. But it was still another week before I got to do any laundry.:nopity:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
I've gone over a week w/o showering on numerous camping trips...10+ days on a few. Once I reach terminal filth, which usu takes a few days, it kinda stops bothering me.