Quantcast

How long is it before your body turns calories into fat?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
How long do you have from the time you ingest something, before it becomes extra padding? I know it will be different for everyone, but I suppose there has to be an average too.

U

uhkuhjillion

Fat is a form of energy or calories. when you eat fat, it is either put into storage or used for its calories

1gram of fat=9 calories
1gram of protein=4 calories
1gram of carbohydrate=4calories

Humans can store roughly 2000 calories at the most in the form of carbohydrates, the most easily used form of energy.

Sep 17, 2003
the body doesnt begin to burn fat for an energy source until the 16th minute of any given exercise. until then it uses carb stores for energy.
if you consume more calories than you use, it will be stored as fat for potential energy stores.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by crashedupderby
the body doesnt begin to burn fat for an energy source until the 16th minute of any given exercise. until then it uses carb stores for energy.
if you consume more calories than you use, it will be stored as fat for potential energy stores.
where'd you get the '16th' minute bit?

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
your food is officaly part of your body 45 minutes after eating so eat right and work hard and that will controll where it go's.