Quantcast

How long should it take to ship a frame from NJ to CT via USPS?????

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Man the seller sent my frame out at 1:28 pm on Monday from Neptune NJ and he sent me a USPS tracking number - it is now 3:01 on Saturday and my mail already arrived and still no frame. :(

Can it really take the friggin postal service that long to send a frame from New Friggin Jersey to Connecticut?

Now the earliest it will arrive is next Tuesday because of the holiday on Monday. :angry:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I only do UP's.

It seems every time i see that brown truck my heart rate rises a little, because im always expecting somthing coming via "the man in brown"

Our office has had terrible luck with ups overnight lately. Fedex seems to be more reliable.

HOWEVER, I'm sure the post office will come through. They are usually slow. Did I tell you about the fruit my grandmother sent from FL???

Grandma sent fruit to all the grandkids and my dad. They all got theirs on a Saturday. NOt me. Monday we get the little ticket in the box that said we have a package. NO SCHIT! I left the note - just leave it at the door! Tuesday, nothing... WEdnesday... a note from the mailman written on our mail "I forgot your fruit. I will bring it tomorrow. SORRY :( Aaron."

And this guy wanted a holiday tip. :stupid:

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
xbluethunderx said:
Was it insured? If USPS lost it and it wasn't, you're basically SOL...
Yup. I've lost over $200.00 worth of stuff collectively. Everytime they've just given me a shrug of the shoulders and "sorry, you should have insured it." It's a wonder no one has gone postal on the postal.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
USPS has always told me they don't do tracking numbers??? Are they lying to me or is this regional? I go USPS Priority on smaller packages and UPS on frames/bikes...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
USPS does tracking, but from what i've seen, it's rather useless. basically it's either "USPS has been told that someone is gonna mail your package" or "your package was delivered."

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yep, USPS tracking sucks, they can't tell you where your package actually is, unlike Fedex or (even better) UPS.

UPS and Fedex both have guarantees that your package will arrive at it's destination, insured or not...

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MMcG said:
Man the seller sent my frame out at 1:28 pm on Monday from Neptune NJ and he sent me a USPS tracking number - it is now 3:01 on Saturday and my mail already arrived and still no frame. :(

Can it really take the friggin postal service that long to send a frame from New Friggin Jersey to Connecticut?

Now the earliest it will arrive is next Tuesday because of the holiday on Monday. :angry:
You could have driven to Jersey and picked it up. :blah: What did you buy, anyways? :confused:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
punkassean said:
USPS has always told me they don't do tracking numbers??? Are they lying to me or is this regional? I go USPS Priority on smaller packages and UPS on frames/bikes...
They don't do tracking, only "delivery confirmation" via a number. It's tracking, just not good tracking.

MD

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MikeD said:
They don't do tracking, only "delivery confirmation" via a number. It's tracking, just not good tracking.

MD
Yeah it's horrible tracking - all it shows me is that my package was accepted in Neptune, NJ on the 10th and that's it for several days now - it doesn't really track it while it is en route.

Hopefully it'll arrive safe and sound on Tuesday.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MMcG said:
Yeah it's horrible tracking - all it shows me is that my package was accepted in Neptune, NJ on the 10th and that's it for several days now - it doesn't really track it while it is en route.

Hopefully it'll arrive safe and sound on Tuesday.
:think: It kinda sounds like the person/place sending you the frame logged onto USPS.com and entered the shipment but hasn't actually sent it out yet. Hope I'm wrong. :(

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Wow sound like UPS is really screwed after the holidays. I took a frame down to UPS in Reno just before X-mas. Weeks went buy and I get a call from Vitox asking where his frame is. Turns out that because of all the snow in Reno they got REALLY backed up. Long story short I went down picked up the frame, and took it over the pass to Sacramento. Three weeks later!!! No calls from them it just sat in Reno for three weeks going nowhere.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
berkshire_rider said:
:think: It kinda sounds like the person/place sending you the frame logged onto USPS.com and entered the shipment but hasn't actually sent it out yet. Hope I'm wrong. :(
why would you think that way Steve? there is no way to enter text when you put in that tracking number so how could he do that?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MMcG said:
why would you think that way Steve? there is no way to enter text when you put in that tracking number so how could he do that?
You can setup an at-home USPS account. I have one I use for Ebay. There are 2 types of accounts you can get with them. 1-Where you print all your shipping labels at home and it even prints postage, drop off the stuff at the PO, and they bill your credit card for everything you ship each month. 2-A print labels only account, where you have to still pay for postage when you drop off the package.

If you enter the details from home, and print a label with the account type 1, you generate this so-called tracking number. If the package isn't dropped off, you only see a status similar to the one you described above. It's the shippers local post office. When the shipper entered the shipping info from home it generated this number you were given. Make more sense? :think:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
berkshire_rider said:
You can setup an at-home USPS account. I have one I use for Ebay. There are 2 types of accounts you can get with them. 1-Where you print all your shipping labels at home and it even prints postage, drop off the stuff at the PO, and they bill your credit card for everything you ship each month. 2-A print labels only account, where you have to still pay for postage when you drop off the package.

If you enter the details from home, and print a label with the account type 1, you generate this so-called tracking number. If the package isn't dropped off, you only see a status similar to the one you described above. It's the shippers local post office. When the shipper entered the shipping info from home it generated this number you were given. Make more sense? :think:
That makes a little more sense. So what you are saying is the guy could have entered the information but not taken the package to the post office on the day he entered the info?

I just pray that the frame shows up tomorrow when I get home from work.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
if it makes you feel better, it took 3 weeks for a 20mm axle i sent to be delivered to the home. i guess that might make you feel worse, but i'm just saying USPS can be slow sometimes.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
MMcG said:
well I got the guy's phone number and I paid using paypal so I should be okay in case something bad happens right?

Say a prayer for me when you go to bed that my frame arrives tomorrow.
Call his a$$ up and find out where you frame is. You should have received something from that close by in 2-3 days max. Even from the USPS. :mumble:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Update - it has arrived in Avon at least!

Your item arrived at 8:34 am on January 17, 2005 in AVON, CT 06001. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Here is what happened earlier:

* ACCEPTANCE, January 10, 2005, 1:28 pm, NEPTUNE, NJ 07753

Now.........here's hoping that Mr. USPS guy left the frame inside my building for me like he's done with other big things that won't fit in my mailbox!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Yeah baby!!! Came home today to be greeted by a 2004 IH HOllowpoint frame and a SRAM x.9 rear derailleur!!!! I'm stoked. The Hollowpoint it a lot beefier than I had expected! Happy Me!!

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
MMcG said:
Yeah baby!!! Came home today to be greeted by a 2004 IH HOllowpoint frame and a SRAM x.9 rear derailleur!!!! I'm stoked. The Hollowpoint it a lot beefier than I had expected! Happy Me!!
Good deal :thumb: .Now quit typing and build it up so you can post pics.

Wait a minute.I still haven't posted pics of my new Superlight have I ? Nevermind :D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
MMcG said:
still waiting on a few components but I'll take some photos of the frame after I eat dinner with it. :thumb:
You eat dinner with a frame? Personally, I use a fork...

MD