Quantcast

How long to wait after rain to dirt jump?

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
Sup guys,
Its been raining a lot these past few days and I was wondering how long I should wait till I ride them?The jumps are dirt(no sand) and the temperature is around 40-50 F in shade. I just want a general idea as I don't feel like spending a few dollars on gas and then finding out that they are still wet.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
sounds like you live in the north east? if so, trails need to be dug right now and ridden later. The moisture in the dirt makes for premium stacking, and what gets built now tends to be more solid come summer time. Rather than building with dried out dirt that needs constant watering.

Flat tyres

Monkey
May 30, 2007
Did you build them? if not, then wait until you see a 'man' with a shovel and ask him when it's ok to ride, otherwise you may find your moped tied up in a knot like a crazy straw.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
sounds like you live in the north east? if so, trails need to be dug right now and ridden later. The moisture in the dirt makes for premium stacking, and what gets built now tends to be more solid come summer time. Rather than building with dried out dirt that needs constant watering.
exactly, this is PRIME building time right now, if you think it might be to wet it def is...

We are building a public DJ park right now in Pittsburgh and it's hell trying to tell ppl they can't ride yet...People need to respect the fact that stuff needs to dry out...