Quantcast

How long until the 303 gets here?

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Ok guys, it's now October, and we're still waiting for the 303. Does anyone know if/when Yeti are planning to start production, or should I look elsewhere for a frame?

When the bike was unveiled we were told March/(US) Spring, and Paul Rowney (the Australian importer) reckons that we're looking at December at least before it all happens. Anyone willing to give me a specific date or even a month when they're available in the states?

Dave

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Wish I could give you answer, but last time i called yeti they wouldnt telling me ANYTHING until i faxed them a recent paystub. Way to treat an employee at one of your dealers. :rolleyes:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
wow! its pretty pricy. but it looks like a very nice frame. I am certainly jealous of anyone who will be riding one.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Curb Hucker said:
yup and it looks like they dont even know the correct pricing for it. Its supposed to be $3200.
he d happily ream 29 hun outta ya... there was a guy i spoke to here who left a hefty deposit the kerry / sam / captain a$$hole... 500 bucks for an m3, this was a good while before they came out... well there were people (joe blows) riding m3 in the states and after 5 months this guy had heard nothing... i told him to immediately cancel the order and try to get his money back before he throws away more $$$$...

anyway, i don t wanna turn this into a beyond bikes hate session... but you have been warned...

303, yeah... i d like to take one for a spin...

lookin at 3.5 K or so aussie ??

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Banshee Rider said:
Wish I could give you answer, but last time i called yeti they wouldnt telling me ANYTHING until i faxed them a recent paystub. Way to treat an employee at one of your dealers. :rolleyes:
uhh, perhaps because they are trying to make sure you are actually an employee...duh. I've faked working for a shop when talking directly to a bike manufacturer :rolleyes:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
zedro said:
uhh, perhaps because they are trying to make sure you are actually an employee...duh. I've faked working for a shop when talking directly to a bike manufacturer :rolleyes:
Pffff, your meaning to tell me companys dont have caller ID to check where the number is coming from? I couldnt care less, it's not me who is loosing sales. :rolleyes:

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Banshee Rider said:
Pffff, your meaning to tell me companys dont have caller ID to check where the number is coming from? I couldnt care less, it's not me who is loosing sales. :rolleyes:
1)not everone has caller ID
2)not everyone lists their numbers for it

i guess its tough when the world stops revolving around yourself

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
zedro said:
1)not everone has caller ID
2)not everyone lists their numbers for it

i guess its tough when the world stops revolving around yourself
If by "yourself" you mean a dealer trying to get a sale, then yes it is tough. Doesnt matter, we stopped carrying them anyways. You're very good with this sarcasm thing zedro :thumb:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Banshee Rider said:
You know that asking for proof you are an employee is pretty standard practice, right? I mean, it just makes sense from the company's perspective anyways...

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
JRogers said:
You know that asking for proof you are an employee is pretty standard practice, right? I mean, it just makes sense from the company's perspective anyways...
Yup, I deal with plenty of companys. Most just ask for an account number, this was the first time being ask'd for a pay stub. I thought it was pretty rediculos since i've dealt with companys who make far nicer bikes than these guys with better service. Back to the thread, i didnt mean to derail it this bad.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
I got to ride one yesterday in Moab. I want one now but they didn't have any delivery dates in mind yet. I swear it pedals better than my 4" trail bike. It doesn't feel like a pig either. I had been expecting a very heavy bike but it wasn't. They said about 43. First Yeti I could manual too.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
partsbara said:
lookin at 3.5 K or so aussie ??
Haha. You've got to be kidding. Aussie RRP at the moment is $5800 for the frame and shock. Hence i'll be buying mine from the states.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
From yeti ppl at the tent at keystone climax(last race of local series) "the frame will be available early 2006" " we had to go through 12 revisions of the frame to make it right". So basically the frame will be available sometime b4 the 2006 race season. The bike has been remade over and over again until its perfect and its gonna cost alot of money and totally be worth it

J

J5ive

Daver said:
Haha. You've got to be kidding. Aussie RRP at the moment is $5800 for the frame and shock. Hence i'll be buying mine from the states.
I was about to say 6 would be more to the point!
I love the look of the eccentric adjustment for bb and headangle. Very neat feature. But thats just too much money.

BTW Daver, I was going to buy that very Yeti 4x frame of yours, it was the last left right? I just about fainted at the price and that was wholesale.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Daver said:
wow, i thought the days of those prices for frames in oz was over... i remember back in the day paying 5500 for my 99 m1 sl... and that was a deal...

i couldn t afford to ride bikes like i have if i lived back in oz... sad, but true...

will you likely get stung with customs etc if ya buy it in the states ?? any idea what that cr@p will cost ya ??

good luck

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
partsbara said:
wow, i thought the days of those prices for frames in oz was over... i remember back in the day paying 5500 for my 99 m1 sl... and that was a deal...

i couldn t afford to ride bikes like i have if i lived back in oz... sad, but true...

will you likely get stung with customs etc if ya buy it in the states ?? any idea what that cr@p will cost ya ??

good luck
Yeah, i'm pretty annoyed about the cost of bits here. The worst thing is that there is no markup by shops on the 303, so even if i get it at "cost" price it's still only $300 or so off (This is the issue Johnny had with the 4x).

Customs is going to rip into me, but as long as i'm paying less than $2700 US in tax (which, to be honest, is hopefully going to be half that) i'll be saving money.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
motomike said:
hahaha

Seriously. Why people will drop cash to wait forever on broken delivery dates is beyond me. If it isn't in stock it isn't worth my trouble. Find something else and MAYBE NEXT YEAR the bike will be available.

I hate hearing everyone complain about waiting for frames, etc. If it isn't in stock go elsewhere for stuff that is in stock. This isn't rocket science. So you miss out on being the 3rd kid in XYZ state to say they have the new chi-chi bike. :rolleyes: At least you will have a new bike instead of a deposit receipt to ride.

Let your hard earned $ do the talking. Go where the product actually exists....and spend your $ with them.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
RhinofromWA said:
hahaha
Seriously. Why people will drop cash to wait forever on broken delivery dates is beyond me. If it isn't in stock it isn't worth my trouble.
I hate hearing everyone complain about waiting for frames, etc. If it isn't in stock go elsewhere for stuff that is in stock. This isn't rocket science. QUOTE]

May be some of us don't want something else.. It's called PATIENCE!
I waited 4 month for my El Cuervo the year they came out..
I waited 6 month for my Turner 6-pack and don't regret it one bit.

Some things are worth waiting for.. beside with the snow coming I'll be busy thinking about stuff other than biking so when a frame shows up several month later it is just in time for spring/summer fun :)

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Mani_UT said:
May be some of us don't want something else.. It's called PATIENCE!
I waited 4 month for my El Cuervo the year they came out..
I waited 6 month for my Turner 6-pack and don't regret it one bit.

Some things are worth waiting for.. beside with the snow coming I'll be busy thinking about stuff other than biking so when a frame shows up several month later it is just in time for spring/summer fun :)
Mani.... I rode your bike this weekend.