Quantcast

How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
OK I saw this on another Forum, but it's cool so I stole it for the :monkey:

Good drunken debate from a few nights ago.

The question: How many 5 year-olds could you take on at once?

The specifics:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.
- You are not allowed to touch a wall.
- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."
- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.
- The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.
- There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.
* The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

I set my magic number at 30, but upon reflection, I think I could take on a few more. How many could you take on?
I recon 30 is way too many, you only have 2 hands and two feet and the trained 5 year olds would mob you good. I recon 15 or 20 max.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I am 6'2" 235lbs and athletic and can take a punch or kick. I figure If i grab them a good bodyslam would do the trick or grab 2 at a time and knock them into each other. BTW can alcohol be involved as far as my end???

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
hooples3 said:
I am 6'2" 235lbs and athletic and can take a punch or kick. I figure If i grab them a good bodyslam would do the trick or grab 2 at a time and knock them into each other. BTW can alcohol be involved as far as my end???
man...u haven't met my son...that kid goes straight for the nuts! he thought it was funny at first, until i got fixed....then it really hurt. now he gets slammed hard if he tries it...but he is pretty sneaky.

i think i could handle about 15 if they worked together. i'm a big guy but i believe that w/15 kids hanging on me and taking my legs out that i'd probably go down...and once i was down it'd be over....that is...if they had a whole day of training.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
People have too much time on their hands to think up this kind of stuff ;)

I'd reckon if you were quick and agile, you could take on more than 15. Keep in mind, you don't care what happens to the kid, so twisting away from them or fending them off isn't nearly as much of a chore as trying to keep someone off you that you don't want to hurt. One good boot to the face and a kid is going to be laid out.

I'd probably grab one and start using it as weapon. Held by the feet, I'm sure a swinging skull with some momentum behind it could do a lot of damage to other skulls...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Like Manimal said the nuts. It depends on what clothes I was wearing, those little bugger can bite. A thick pair of insulated Carhart jeans, a cup and my cordura motorcycle jacket I'll put down a whole bunch. And I like the idea of using a dead kid as a weapon.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
binary visions said:
I'd probably grab one and start using it as weapon. Held by the feet, I'm sure a swinging skull with some momentum behind it could do a lot of damage to other skulls...

This thread is disturbingly funny

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
manimal said:
man...u haven't met my son...that kid goes straight for the nuts! he thought it was funny at first, until i got fixed....then it really hurt. now he gets slammed hard if he tries it...but he is pretty sneaky.

i think i could handle about 15 if they worked together. i'm a big guy but i believe that w/15 kids hanging on me and taking my legs out that i'd probably go down...and once i was down it'd be over....that is...if they had a whole day of training.
ok ok ok downgrade to the high sixties :nuts:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I think the key would be to swing your Billy-club by the arms, therefore preventing your weapon from being knocked unconcious while cracking the skulls of his/her teammates when you swing him. When his lower body becomes too blood soaked to deliver good blows, simply smack him into a wall to render him obsolete and pick another cretin.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Changleen said:
OK I saw this on another Forum, but it's cool so I stole it for the :monkey:

I recon 30 is way too many, you only have 2 hands and two feet and the trained 5 year olds would mob you good. I recon 15 or 20 max.
I figure 1 good kick to the head and a 5 year old would be out or at least crying and no ouse to his teammates. Also... picking up a 5 year old and throwing him into a mob of say 5 or 6 others would stall them enough to allow time to deliver 3-4 kicks to heads. I figure I could take on about 20 of the little fackers.

NOTE: I do not condone kicking beating or otherwise harming little kids, ut if they are trying to knock me out then I'll be damned if I wont defend myself.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Disembowel the first one you get your hands on, drape his intestines around your neck like a trophy as a warning to the others.

For political correctness we should make the hypothetical case of 3 foot tall 50lb martians attacking.

About2bike

Chimp
Aug 5, 2003
the key is not getting knocked down. I know from my kid wrestling experince that when you are down even 10 kids on top is unmanageable

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
i'll say i could take 10-15 unless they all stand in the background and i can fight them one or two at a time, karate movie style, in which case i'll say 50. the thought of even 15 5 year old running at me, biting and kicking, is terrifying. I'm with Westy though, i'd kill one and use him as a weapon
i'd want a cup and shinguards. kids like to kick.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Is anyone else picturing themselves covered in blood a'la Bruce Willis in Die Hard, surrounded by the still corpses of dozens of five year olds?

Or is that just me?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
This thread is disturbingly funny
whoever originally thought of the concept is a sick, funny man :D . actually, it could use some dead babies (or baby carcasses) for good measure

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
Is anyone else picturing themselves covered in blood a'la Bruce Willis in Die Hard, surrounded by the still corpses of dozens of five year olds?

Or is that just me?
I'd be feeding on the corpses when done.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Well, In my prime I have been known to fight off 15 to 20 skatepark groms.... Although now with the repaired knee, the physical terroist says I shouldnt try to take on more than 5 to 7 at the same time. Mostly b/c I cant kick with my right leg for while.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
Well, yeah, if there were a grill and some marinade nearby. I thought the room was empty, though?

Sushi. You could make utensils from the shattered bones of the fallen.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Westy said:
Sushi. You could make utensils from the shattered bones of the fallen.
i think sashimi would be more appropriate, unless you feel that the skin of five year olds is similar enough to nori (seaweed) to pass muster. and besides, what would you use for rice?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The sushi thing is too labor intensive. Some toddler carpaccio, with a sprinkling of bile for "zing", is the ticket. Simple yet elegent enough to impress your dinner guests (ideally the unsuspecting parents of the slain).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dan-o said:
The sushi thing is too labor intensive. Some toddler carpaccio, with a sprinkling of bile for "zing", is the ticket. Simple yet elegent enough to impress your dinner guests (ideally the unsuspecting parents of the slain).
Render the fat for candles and make balloons from bladders for a festive ambiance.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
Like Manimal said the nuts. <snip>
The rules indicated that a "standard issue cup" was included.

If you approach your defense as a Berserker, I think that 40 would be manageable. After that, I'm pretty sure exhaustion would be the enemy. :p

-S.S.-

Edit - I'd make human haggis from the leftovers. :thumb:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
binary visions said:

Or is that just me?

I was thing of the burly brawl in Matrix 2...