Quantcast

How many armageddons?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I got a pic from a guy who knows a guy who's brother has a cousin who knows a guy who's uncles dad rolled a guy who snapped this pic.
8 Karpiel Armageddons all sitting in a line. :D

Thanks M for the pic.

BTW What size file do I save image as in Photoshop cs2 for bigger enhancement on screen?

Figured I'd throw the new build on mine in here as well.

Karp Armageddon (Very light again)
888 RC2X
king headset
hope mono 6ti brakes 205 mm front and rear
danger boy levers
Stainless lines
king hubs
deemax hoops
kenda blue groove/Nevegal tubeless
Avy dhs w/ ti spring
xtr cassette
thomson post
wtb laser v dh ti saddle
xpedo mag pedals
RF N. shore cranks
fsa quad bb
x.9 shif/der
e-13 SRS

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Thanks.
I had a HARD DECISION between a fox 40rc2, wc 06 and the 888 rc2x.
The deciding factor was that I could get the 888 to my doorstep faster and I was impatient. :D
I put it on today and did the SS lines and gold res caps then took it for a little ride and it feels good. Made a call to a buddy and he said give it a little time it'll break in so it seems to be a pretty good decision so far.
Hopefully it pans out after it's broke in or its gonna get a mojo 999r conversion jammed up its wahooeey!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
The MOJO for the BOXXER feels awsome! I have a 2003 TEAM with it and it now feels almost like my 2001 MONSTER T!!! Cortina may be coming out with some fork mod shims ALSO!!!!!!!!!! SOON!!!

T3h1337r

Chimp
Sep 15, 2006
Nor Cal
Meh, New armageddons coming out mid next year. the old ones had major major major issues. As much as I love the frame, and its design, they didnt hold up like they should have. Some were ticking time bombs, some were indestructible. (Talked to my buddy that was a machinist for karpiel yesterday about karpiel and its change of owners etc, its going through some much needed reviving changes). For now ill just sit on my tomac mag and wait til I get back up to whistler. PS. sure glad to see that armageddon without a fox 40 on it. :) nothing beats 888's NOTHING MUAHAHAHAHA!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Meh, New armageddons coming out mid next year. the old ones had major major major issues. As much as I love the frame, and its design, they didnt hold up like they should have. Some were ticking time bombs, some were indestructible. (Talked to my buddy that was a machinist for karpiel yesterday about karpiel and its change of owners etc, its going through some much needed reviving changes). For now ill just sit on my tomac mag and wait til I get back up to whistler. PS. sure glad to see that armageddon without a fox 40 on it. :) nothing beats 888's NOTHING MUAHAHAHAHA!
where do you live in nor cal ??

haven t seen any other foolz on 204s out here... in my whole 5 months out this way....

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Awesome looking bike.... I am still rolling my Karpiel at 3rd season and no problem whatsoever when it comes to the strength of the frame....but of course ....you never know...

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
"Better" ?? Please define what you mean by "better".....made by steel ?? More OEM parts ? More parts to wrench on ? More race like ?....?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Black hubs.
As far as other frames being way better, it depends on the rider and likes/dislikes. I remember everyone here got all hyped about the demo 9's when they came out and they were the bike to have, then the blitz and versus.
If karpiels are still going and going strong for the riders then I say it's hard to find a better bike and as far as problems they had that I am sure was due in part to some manuf. issue's.
BTW: LONG LIVE AVY!!!!!

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
I dont think a bike needs to be worthless just because it weights plus 50 pounds.....I am not a fan of the weight weenies....and if you have a problem riding your bike just because it weights something I will suggest you go to the gym.