Quantcast

How many have a spare backup shock ?

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
I kept the Rock Shox that came on my Giant...I'm really not sure why, I've never had any issues with my Romic.

So, yes, I guess I have a back up

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
I have a spare vanilla r for my yeti as-x, but I don't feel its a necessity. I only have it because I couldn't get much for it if I sold it. I use the yeti as my trail bike, and I can get by without it for a while if I have to.

I wish I had a backup for my romic on my turner DHR since thats my race bike and I would be SOL if it blew during practice. Better yet I would like a new primary shock, but thats big $$$.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I have a rockshox super deluxe from my old level betty. I wouldn't count it as a back up though, it sucks and doesn't work well. OH........haha I don't have a full suspension with a primary shock.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
haha, i still think i must be kidwoos long lost brother.

I have 3 backup shocks for 2 bikes.... guess im paranoid, or just lazy...been meaning to sell the romic for cheap,....

for DHR: rissee jupiter 7
for 5-spot: Romic, or DHX-C

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I wish I had an extra shock. My 5th Air just blew for the third time, and I can't really get it rebuilt till next June. MMMMM fast rebound!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I have a backup Romic for my turner. I dont bother bringing it to races, ive never seen a DHX fail.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
kidwoo said:
Geeze I have no idea.
Geeze you're a dill.
i wish i had more then one bike.
i got a back up shock, but it's a blown X fusion so it's just a spring holder with eyelettes. it was kinda sad/funny when it blew cause for a month it was leaking shock oil and it would get all over the gears and i think it efed my BB. plus it was a biazch to clean after it stoped leaking. yeah you're a dill. no offence.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i have 5 extra rear shocks laying around. 3 extra long travel forks. and 3 short travel ones.
come on get with the program here.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have a spare shock for my bike and a spare for my wifes bike. A spare shock and wheelset is a must for every aggressive biker if you want to keep riding.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
spacemanspiff06 said:
Geeze you're a dill.
i wish i had more then one bike.
Prioritize and do what I do. Feed the kids sawdust for breakfast, produce the quality of meth that everyone is going to want and steal license plates which you rotate on a regular basis in order to steal gas. Mountain biking is about sacrifice foo.

And the name is "Mr Pickle" to you.

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
mack said:
I have a backup Romic for my turner. I dont bother bringing it to races, ive never seen a DHX fail.
My buddies dhx failed. Good thing he had an rc as a backup. Seems pretty lazy not to bring it to the races. What's the point of having a backup shock if it's not there when you really need it?

I keep an old vanilla rc in my bag at all times just in case. I still haven't had to use it (knock on wood) but a buddy of mine with a 5th has had to borrow it a couple of times.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I have three extra fox shocks, two of which are blown, all of which don't fit on any of my bikes.

I just did an inventory last night. And I have five (yes five) extra single crown forks. Two are brand new.
Four extra wheelsets, two extra cranksets, three shimano deraillers/shifters, tons of tires, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Where the hell do I keep getting this crap?

Anyone wanna buy any bike parts? I'm gonna be posting a huuuuuge sale this weekend.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I have five extra shocks and a pile of springs. Some don't fit any of my current bikes, so they are not really backups. But they are great paperweights. :rolleyes:

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
im getting myself a spare dhx soon after the one on my dhr went pop in whistler and i had to ride one of those kona frieght trains for a week (a bloody awful bike, but so much fun, i went through 3 of the bastards and they kept just giving me more!)

i've got a avy dhs lying around too not that it fits anything i own.

definitely gonna get me a cheapo set of boxxers for spare too, while my 40s are on their holidays.

Tom DH

Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
UK
I have got a spare six way as recently I got a DHX Air for my bike so I carry it around just in case I get any problems. But so far it have been working well so I might sell the six way soon.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
yep, run a dhx air, have a spare avvy and 2 swingers all for one bike. i like the way each shock handles different things so i switch them around a lot

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Ive got a DHX on my Vantana right now, but my Manitou Swinger 6-way with Ti spring fits it, just doesn't feel as good. I also have a Fox RC that has been PUSHed and it also fits. So basically, I have two extra.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've got an avy which i haven't touched in years, and sold the RS shock the bike came w/ .

my xc bike came w/ a spare fox float...i've been meaning to get that puppy pushed.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
ThePriceSeliger said:
Ive got a DHX on my Vantana right now, but my Manitou Swinger 6-way with Ti spring fits it, just doesn't feel as good. I also have a Fox RC that has been PUSHed and it also fits. So basically, I have two extra.
you know, that manitou Ti spring just *might* fit on the DHX... ;)