Quantcast

How many of you run a 29er?

Do you have a 29er

• Total voters

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I can't say this is the golden ride, but my C/Dale Flash 29er 1 is pretty smoodooty.

But I haven't ridden a 26er in a while. I have to jump on one to tell you the difference.

Also, I really like the bike's features, but not necessarily the wheel size. I could be rolling on the 26 inch version and I would still dig it.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Currently have 3 29ers - a full rigid hardtail, a 3" travel FS and a 5.5" travel FS. Sold my last 26" frame just last week. However, I intend to pick up a new 26" FS at some point in the near future as it's hard to find a low & slack 29er and I'd add a 26" hardtail if I had a pump track (the condo hoa frowns up them).

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I ride both. I have a DH bike, Blur 4x trail bike, and a '10 Stumpjumper HT 29er. This is my second 29er in 3 years and I absolutely love it. As far as going out and riding as many miles as possible and getting a hell of a workout a HT 29er is awesome. Sure there are parts of the trail where I wish I had a 26" bike but those are usually few and far between. I'm certainly not saying 29ers are the savior of mountain biking, but I think having variety/choices is what is so appealing about cycling. There are countless different kinds of bikes for all different types of riding and terrain, they all have their own unique qualities and characteristics. As long as I'm out there riding I could care less what size wheels I'm on.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
I might be picking up a Monocog 29r from a friend who is steadily getting out of cycling due to a back injury. Mostly I just want to add something different to the stable and maybe use it as a commuter/corner store runner.

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
Definitely try the 29er. My wife just gave me a fully rigid ss 29er for an early bday present and I love it. I'm not getting rid of my FS 26er any time soon, but I am going to dump the 26er ss because it isn't as much fun as the 29er. Oh, and if you are wondering about 29ers and shorter people, don't. I am 5' 7".

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
do you have any opinions about the tampon holder in the downtube?

fag
I simply adore it. The svelte shape and anti-bounce technology keep my tampons ready to go at a moments notice. That the color matches perfectly with my favorite ensemble is icing on my queer little cake.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
The weird thing is that i've been considering one that last two weeks. THere are a few local xc riders that I've seen on the Santa Cruz Tall Boy's. Those bikes look awesome. One of them had some killer Edge wheels. $$$$$$$
I know a 29er rolls over things easier and has more traction, but supposedly they turn a little different. Why would you want to go back to a 26er if you have a 29er? Is it mostly for handling?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The food forum is fun. You get to watch people argue over what exactly is a "real" Mexican taco.
I can answer that! Its only available in a Tijuana brothel and trust me you don't want it!:rofl:

Yeah... 29r's They are right up there with Tijuana tacos, do not want!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I know some short people 5'8" ish... that hate 29er bikes. But I'm 6'... I thought it felt pretty awesome. And it hooked up and climbed the technical stuff like crazy.
Who cares what others think - ride it if you like it irregardless of what wheel size it has.:thumb: If it works for you, that's all that matters.

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
would be interesting to know who has one because of their height/inside leg length too. Perhaps tall folks like 650b and/or 29" because they found that 26" was too small for them.

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
I got my 1st 29er this spring.

I used to ride a lot of XC in the 80's and 90's. Then I got into DH, stunts, and jumps. My bikes got heavier as I got older and fatter. So I was in the market for a light XC rig, went with a 29er because I rode several of my friends', and really liked them.

My ride is a Cannondale Flash 29er 2, and I love it.