Quantcast

How many of you would do a fat Bike Downhill/Enduro event?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I am helping design and promote a few Fat Bike races this winter at Snow King Mountain in Jackson, WY. Currently I am attempting to get management to allow me to run them as Enduro style events (but maybe with timed uphill, so really just a 'race'). The difference is that I want to use the snowmaking equipment to build some jumps, drifters, berms, and a funky slalom section and make it ridiculous.
What are y'all thoughts on this nonsense?
Would you do it for $25, with a day lift ticket included?
Beer will be provided, naturally.

Thoughts?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So all on snow? Might be fun, but not serious, cost of entry is pretty high and certain setups (even within fatbikes) can have huge advantages. If they held one at the local ski hill here (which is 5 min away) I'd do it. Some decent sized jumps/doubles to trannies would be fun and are easily do-able on fatbikes. Sounds like it could be a cool event.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I think it sounds fun. Will there be bikes available for people without fatbikes to use?
The price sounds dirt cheap compared to most races, IMHO.
Good luck and please post pics after!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yes, I am trying to have Demo's available for all to use from the four local shops. They might have to charge a few buck in order to be enticed into coming, though. Trying to get QBP/Salsa demo fleet to come out, but that's a long shot.