Quantcast

how many pair of prescription glasses do you own?

how many pair of prescription glasses do you own?

• zero

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • one

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • two

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • three

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • four

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • five

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • six

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seven

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • more than transcend

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
transcend's post about having 7 sets glasses, and his insistence that it's normal, really had me scratching my head. i've worn glasses for 30 years and never have had more than two sets (one of sunglasses, one of regular) at any one time. when it was time to retire the set (either because they were lost, broken, out of prescription, or <gasp> unfashionable), i got a new set.

he seemed to take offense at the metrosexual swipe, so i'll do a bit of RM market research here. for clarity's sake, include sunglasses into yr total.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Well I have kick-ass vision, so I gots none.

My wife however has a crazy-ass eye condition called uveitis....so she had to have cataract surgery when she was like 27. And she gets prednisone injections in her eyes every few months. So she has two pairs. A set of true bifocals, and a set of progressives.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
right now

1 set with photosensitive lenses. do they double as sunglasses on demand. they are the main glasses.
1 set with plastic lenses, for sports.
1 set of contacts. i wear them when i go out at night.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
only one, but if i was able to get hooked up through Oakley, and had insurance that covered optical, i would definitely own more. if my sunglasses were RX, i'd have 4 pair, also.

--edit--

****, hit 'none' instead of 'one'

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
None.

And to think all that time staring at the sun.....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
None. Vision is perfect.

The wife used to wear glasses but had the Lasix surgery and now has slightly better then 20/20. Not bad for someone who used to wear coke bottles.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
2 pair for my current prescription, featherweight Adidas for my normal glasses, then a pair of sunglasses that I never wear unless I'm driving for long distances. Probably should have saved the money and just gotten the Adidas. I will need a new prescription and frame sometime soon, these ones are about to die on me.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
1 pair on the way &#8211; I&#8217;ve always feared this day. But I guess all those years of staring took a toll on my eyes :(

I might also have to get some lenses for my riding glasses (half jackets).

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
three

one regular
one sunglasses
one for back up because i used to wear really cheap frames and my glasses would break at the worst times.

like standing in line to get into vatican city in rome, my glasses broke. i saw the ceiling of the sistine chapel (and everything else in vatican city) with sunglasses on.

i love expensive glasses. if i could own 30 pair, i would have a new one to go with each outfit. alas i can only afford two pairs, and one i have had since i was 18.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave

The new glasses i bought have plastic frames for safety purposes on the bike and for work. The old frame has glass lenses and are still going strong.

i get photo grey lenses for all my glasses since i'm outdoors most of the time. So they serve as sunglasses and regular.

i've been contemplating getting some of those contacts you don't have to take out for a month.

i'd possibly have a few more pairs for a different look if my insurance bought me new frames more than every two years.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MMike said:
Well I have kick-ass vision, so I gots none.

My wife however has a crazy-ass eye condition called uveitis....so she had to have cataract surgery when she was like 27. And she gets prednisone injections in her eyes every few months. So she has two pairs. A set of true bifocals, and a set of progressives.

:stupid: I have been blessed with amazing vision while my hubby has not. He has 2 pairs, only really uses one the other one is for back-up when he's working on stuff and doesn't want to hurt his good ones.