Quantcast

How many stairs is to many?:for a hardtail

MTBKR415

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
right behind you...
Hey guys I have been jumping stairs quite a bit now. i would like to work my way up to a lot more, but I am worried about cracking my frame. I was just wondering how many stairs would be the limit for jumping with a hardtail? And if it makes any difference, I have a 2007 Specialized p1.

Thanks for the helpl.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I saw these guys riding dh bikes down stairs with the whole getup on, full face and pads like a linebacker. I couldn't get my head around it, whats the point? Why ride somewhere with all these people around, like do you need an audience to prove what a ass you are? I allways want to be in the woods away from the rubber neckers and just do my own thing.

I guess I'm just a trail riding hermit.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Are you landing on flat, or down a set?
Drops to flat are destructive to the bike and yourself. Most kids go through a stage where they're into it. I did. I broke a bunch of parts including some profile cranks and I'm lucky I didn't do any permanent damage to my wrists and ankles. If you can do it smoothly go for it, but hucking to flat doesn't really impress people much.

This is a Object moved from a couple years ago. It's what I mean by landing down the set.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
43 stairs.

why?

because the pink floyd album Dark Side of the Moon is exactly 43 minutes long.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
i did a 26 foot(in length) stair gap to just about flat once on accident. The rear wheel cased the last few stairs. My bike and ankles both shouted in pain. The next time i made sure to slow down and actually use the second set of stairs as a transition. Nothing like 3rd down for riding inspiration