Quantcast

How much is Gas in your neck of the woods?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Gas around here is in the $3.15 to $3.25 per gallon for regular unleaded.

I drove my boys back to the Albany, NY area to find gas prices in the $2.99 to $2.95 range - a pretty big difference.

Is it State Gas Taxes that cause the differences??

Needless to say, I filled up at the Hess station in Castleton, NY before heading back to CT last night.

WTF is up with these prices anyway??? They really haven't come down much at all since the whole Katrina disaster.

Heating Oil isn't too great here in CT either. :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
supply and demand...more people driving in the summer...

i noticed $2.99 prices in NY, and the local station near me which is typically the lowest i see anywhere was $2.94

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
$2.71 for diesel. Don't worry, I get shafted during heating oil season... ;)

Gas around here is around $3/gal, depending on the station. I haven't put gas in my other car (van) in over 6 months, so I haven't paid much attention.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
$2.75 on the cheap, $3.10 for the good stuff. Not sure why there is such a spread, normally the price is $.05 a grade.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
In my neck of the woods, gas went up during the 4th of July holiday weekend, and never went back down. It's up about $.20-$.30 from mid-June to about $3.33 a gallon for 87...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
I filled up for $2.84 on Friday. Mark -- next time you're in this area, we should try to get together for a ride!
:stupid: Call us when you're up this way!! :mumble:

NY State has put a hold on the state gas tax I believe, and several counties have followed suit by blocking their county taxes as well. I filled up for $2.81 yesterday.