Quantcast

How much is this Dare worth?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I have a friend selling a Dare freeride, and another friend that wants to get into downhillng.

Dare build

2002 frrame with freeride chain stays. Frame was purchased in late 2002 or early 2003

2003 Super T only ridden once. Originaly he had a Shiver but put the Super T on to make more of a trail bike

Hadley rear hub
woodman front hub both built up on rhino lites

Choice of either brand new Avid mechanical 200mm brakes or
Grimeca system 8 brakes. Any opinion here would be great.

Not sure of the rest of the build, mostly XT stuff.

The bike has not been ridden a whole lot. He built it up to get into downhilling but was never able to really use it for that.

If the guy gets this bike it will be his only bike. I am pushing him to get something like this Dare or a builit or something
else that he can do more on than just pure DH.

How much is a bike like this worth and is the Dare worth it

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Originally posted by Damn True
22 cans of THIS
I am not trying to sell anything. I am trying to help out a newby moutainbiker buy a good bike. If you dont have any thing worth while to say than STFU.

fondigley

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Boulder, CO
I would say it has to depend on how much use and abuse the current owner gave it. Barely used could go for over 2 grand USD and I have seen them go for close to 3 grand. But beaten up a little the 1800-1900 USD range quoted is about right. I've got an 02 factory replacement from my 2000 Dare and I would hope to get around $2000 USD for it, but I have increased my riding ability and style so probably a little lower, but the frame and rear wheel is only a year old.

My friend just tried to sell his on ebay but the reserve of 1900 was never met and no one wanted to pay more than 1600. I recently talked to a guy at a local shop in Boulder, who said he would sell his for $1450 with pretty good parts, but it looked raced and pretty beat up, and made mine look brand new.