Quantcast

How much is too much?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
hmmm... I do get really good freight rates here at work. Do you Iron?

Trust me, its there

There has to be a joke in there some where. :blah:

Ok more on topic discussion...

A roadie buddy of mine (who is of above avg intelligence) was explaining to me that most cycling training stuff says "lifting" (weight training) your legs has negative results. Paraphrasing.... Allows you to push a harder gear, but will slow your ability to keep a faster cadence. I am not sure how that directly reflects for your avg or above avg mtb enthusiast like myself, but it was an interesting tid bit of info.

Comments?
Oh, I can iron...it just takes me about an hour to do one shirt :rolleyes: I'm a fan of tossing the article of clothing in the dryer for 10 minutes with a damp cloth :)

I what your friend said about lifting your legs makes since....but I'm with you, I'm not sure how it would directly effect me. There are times when I'm riding were I really have to 'muscle' though a tough technical section where dropping into a spinning gear is not feasible. I’m not sure if having stronger legs would make that easy or just having more determination not to give up.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Snacks said:
Oh, I can iron...it just takes me about an hour to do one shirt :rolleyes:
Your time management issues are not my problem :D

Snacks said:
I'm a fan of tossing the article of clothing in the dryer for 10 minutes with a damp cloth :)
That works for everything except stuff I have to wear to work. Ironed shirts/Pants. I use the dry cleaner for my long sleeve shirts, but Company Polo's and pants get ironed.

Snacks said:
There are times when I'm riding were I really have to 'muscle' though a tough technical section where dropping into a spinning gear is not feasible.
Same here, it makes sense in road biking, but I can see the benefits in MTB, at least for me. I was working my legs pretty hard for a few weeks. I could noticeably see/feel a difference on these 2 steep climbs on my local trail. They really aren't climbs (we dont have those) but the trail shoots up about 30 and 20 feet respectively in about 150' of trail. They are short and steep, with sharp switchbacks at the top of each, where spinning isn't all that effective.

I will need your address to ship my clothes :D