Quantcast

How much protien?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Now that I have found an OK protien shake recipe, how much protien are you supposed to have? My rommate sayd that bodybuilders eat 1 gram of protien for every pound they weigh. Thats a LOT of protien

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
That is a ton of protein, but I wouldn't be suprised if huge meathead dudes injest that much.

My nurse type gf that seems to be pretty decent with the nutrition stuff says that it should be about 0.8 grams per kilo per day - so about 0.4 grams per pound per day. I'm pretty sure that an average person can only really process about 40-50 grams per meal so anything more would really just go to waste.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
SilentJ said:
That is a ton of protein, but I wouldn't be suprised if huge meathead dudes injest that much.

My nurse type gf that seems to be pretty decent with the nutrition stuff says that it should be about 0.8 grams per kilo per day - so about 0.4 grams per pound per day. I'm pretty sure that an average person can only really process about 40-50 grams per meal so anything more would really just go to waste.

Cool, Thanks :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Also check out fitday.com - it's got a little built in function where you put in your height, weight, and activity level it it tells you how many grams of protein, carbs, and fat you should be taking in to hit your target caloric intake each day.

For me, I'm at about 140g of protein each day during the summer (when I'm more active), less than that during the inactive winter months.