Quantcast

How much rep can a woodchuck chuck?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
How much can I give out in 24 hours? Seems like it's getting less and less? Is it cuz of how much rep I currently have? can you adjust the max? If not, can you reset mine? Thanks!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I dumbed it down. You can give out a max of 6 or 8 or something now.

Rep bars were shooting up like crazy, thought it'd be better if it wasn't such an easy commodity. We'll probably eventually do a reset.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Speaking of rep and just out of interest:

At what rep-score does a new green square appear? I've noticed that at the beginning, new squares showed easily, but after a certain score count, they come less easily.

Whats the method? It doesn't seem to be a simple as every 50 points...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of rep and just out of interest:

At what rep-score does a new green square appear? I've noticed that at the beginning, new squares showed easily, but after a certain score count, they come less easily.

Whats the method? It doesn't seem to be a simple as every 50 points...
You earn a new green square every 100 rep points. Rep scores were piling up way too quickly, so we tweaked some of the settings and it takes a little longer now to earn points. The most number of squares you can have is 11.

Your rep level (e.g. "friendly ape") changes at various point milestones. Golden banana is the highest.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I still think that those with Golden Banana status should have more "smiting" ability against those who anger them. With one swell foop, you should be able to knock a lesser being deep into the red!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I believe that is the case, MMike.

Your rep (neg or pos) holds more sway (points) than mine would.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
why is all rep equal? if a n00b is helped out & saves $$$, that should be crazy rep. if arkayne entertains us w/ yet another animated gif (similar for r2d54), should that be just as rep-worthy?

so what's the purpose of rep? so n00bs can judge at a glance? encourage mob mentality?

you're taking us back to jim crow!

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
why is all rep equal? if a n00b is helped out & saves $$$, that should be crazy rep. if arkayne entertains us w/ yet another animated gif (similar for r2d54), should that be just as rep-worthy?

so what's the purpose of rep? so n00bs can judge at a glance? encourage mob mentality?

you're taking us back to jim crow!
reminds me of the fateful week before the "mid-atlantic" thread was born.

I know that I have points. I can put them into a "savings account" to help them grow over time. I can give and recieve rep, but what the hell is it good for? Will we be able to redeem it for say....product from advertisers? maybe like having each point count as a "ticket" to be pulled from a hat for a prize, the more you have the better the chances.

If rep points are seriously just for people to be judged at a glance, I'd like to give all mine to charity and live in a rep monestary.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
You earn a new green square every 100 rep points. Rep scores were piling up way too quickly, so we tweaked some of the settings and it takes a little longer now to earn points. The most number of squares you can have is 11.

Your rep level (e.g. "friendly ape") changes at various point milestones. Golden banana is the highest.
So, Mr Baboon, my rep count is 605, but I didn't get a new square on the hundy mark. ?
I was holding my breath too...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Actually, you don't get a new square every hundred points. There are 10 squares that are split evenly between zero and the upper rep limit (currently set at 1500). If I doubled the upper rep limit, everyone would lose half their squares (well, except for Westy who rules so hard that he'd probably still have 10).

We used to have the upper limit set at 1000, which is why it looked like it came at even 100 pt increments.

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Actually, you don't get a new square every hundred points. There are 10 squares that are split evenly between zero and the upper rep limit (currently set at 1500). If I doubled the upper rep limit, everyone would lose half their squares (well, except for Westy who rules so hard that he'd probably still have 10).

We used to have the upper limit set at 1000, which is why it looked like it came at even 100 pt increments.
take hella long to make green rep bank at the current interest rate...

:greedy: