Quantcast

How much should I ask for my road bike?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
It is a rare Easton SC7000 Scandium frame with full Dura Ace 9spd (2003) gruppo. It has Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels (2003) and brand new, never used Dura Ace pedals. The 56cm (fits like 54-55cm, I am about 5'10") )frame/fork are 2000 model year but was never assembled until 2003. Kona offers a similar frame and fork now for $1,399 but the new frame has a carbon seat-stay and fork. The bike is in pristine condition and barely ridden. I love it but I just don't find time between work and MTB riding. The color is white on the fork/stem and head tube junction and then orange from there back. I can't stress what excellent condition this bike is in! I am thinking like $1,900 complete, what do you guys think?

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Who knows how much you should ask? Here are some questions you should answer...

Who was it made by? Do you have any pictures? If you do, post them. How many miles are on the driveterrain?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
It is branded a Kona but most likely made overseas, however it is Easton Scandium and has smooth puddle welds and a externally butted top tube (very clean workmanship). The drivetrain might have 1,000 miles tops on it, seriously! I will try to get some pics, my digi cam is busticated. And one last piece of info, the complete weight is around 17.XXlbs. (without small seat bag and small pump)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I think it's worth about $500 and I know a guy who's 5'10" that'll take it off your hands for you ;)

If you wanna sell the pedals seperately, let me know.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by LordOpie
I think it's worth about $500 and I know a guy who's 5'10" that'll take it off your hands for you ;)

If you wanna sell the pedals seperately, let me know.
I will keep you in mind for the pedals should I

a) sell the bike at all
b) sell it without pedals.

:D