Quantcast

how much to cater a 120 person wedding?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Serial Midget said:
Well... invested wisely, about 150K :oink:

Vegas isn't the gamble you think it is! :)
haha.
$20k, 9% average return, doubles every what? 8-9 years? over 35+ years, thats like >300k. assuming your combined retirement fund is about 1.5mill... ends up at around 20% of your projected retirement fund.

:think: hmm.. now that got me thinking about why the hell did i just buy a new car when the old didnt suck much... good think my dad talked me out of the suv i was initially convinced about...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
The thing is no one remembers the food.
not true. a friend of mine from college through a big soiree down in manhattan for his wedding (black tie, including the guests...i had to rent a freakin tux). for appetizers he had servers bringing around platters of peking duck, nigiri sushi, and grilled lamb chops.

:drool:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
ALEXIS_DH said:
haha.
$20k, 9% average return, doubles every what? 8-9 years? over 35+ years, thats like >300k. assuming your combined retirement fund is about 1.5mill... ends up at around 20% of your projected retirement fund.

:think: hmm.. now that got me thinking about why the hell did i just buy a new car when the old didnt suck much... good think my dad talked me out of the suv i was initially convinced about...
$20k, 12% annual return (after inflation which is definitely doable) is $1,055,992.39 after 35 years. :clue:

:oink:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ugh, got caught by a GRAMMER cop.

;)

sometimes i have issues w/ 'know' and 'now' but catch 'em in time.

i still will put my verbal SAT score against yrs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
not true. a friend of mine from college through a big soiree down in manhattan for his wedding (black tie, including the guests...i had to rent a freakin tux). for appetizers he had servers bringing around platters of peking duck, nigiri sushi, and grilled lamb chops.

:drool:
If you remember the meal the party wasn't as fun as it could have been. That could just be me though, I don't seem to enjoy food as much as some.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
If you remember the meal the party wasn't as fun as it could have been. That could just be me though, I don't seem to enjoy food as much as some.
au contraire...notice i just listed what the appetizers were. :)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
firetoole said:
do you have a photographer yet? http://www.tooleart.com you get the monkey discout
so get this, my girl was looking around for a photographer, came across http://jameephotography.com/ and made an appointment to meet with her. A few hours later, a monkey (Triphop) PMs me and says that he should check out his wife's website which coincedentally enough was Jamee. I've ridden with Triphop a couple times and once with his wife.

Anyway, her work is amazing and when she describe the logistics of it all, we knew she'd do a great job, so contract signed :)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
TreeSaw said:
Definitely. I think $79 seems high. Are they providing the linens, tables, chairs, dishes/silverware, etc?
They provide everything except alcohol, but they will serve alcohol as part of the service.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
LordOpie said:
They provide everything except alcohol, but they will serve alcohol as part of the service.
Ah...I missed that before. I would shoot for $50 and if they counter with $65ish then that would be a good deal! Are you able to get whatever you want for a cake or just whatever they provide (usually basic)?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
All this talk of wedding got me thinking about my own. It's really really awsome to have so many friends and family surrounding you as you make what could be the greatest commitment of your life. We had soooo much fun too. And much like Slugman we didn't taste the food till much later because we were socializing so much. It really was the best day of my life so far.

Congratulation to to everyone who is getting married.

My wedding...

A very good friend brewed the beer for us. It was a wonderful stout...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dante said:
no midieval themed wedding?

:stosh:
Nah... our parents would have NEVER gone for that. We thought about it though. I wanted an Elvis wedding but she wouldn't go for it. Eventually I gave up and told her to just tell me when and where to show up. It worked beautifully. :p

The harp was awsome. It has a great romantic sound to it, and just fills the air. The harpist played the wedding march and played some music before and for a little bit after the wedding as guests were finding seats and such. I highly recommend it.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sounds ghetto, but we just had bertuccis deliver a ton of italian food and pizzas for our wedding.

i miss good pizza since we moved out west, so all i wanted when i went back east was pizza (and lobster). it was inexpensive and tasty.

yayy for weddings.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
ALEXIS_DH said:
haha.
Hmmm... didn't do the math, just figured a huge wedding isn't all it takes to secure your future.

12% annual return? Sign me up! :)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Serial Midget said:
He does travel and is the nicest, most cool person anyone will ever meet anywhere. Plus he has a chopper bike.
seriously, how can you argue against choppers?

oh wait, only with white castle weddings!!!!!!!