Quantcast

how much whey protein

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
After a ride or a workout, I try to take in some extra protein. After morning/afternoon workouts, I mix whey protein with 50% milk/50% water. After evening workouts I mix it just with water (to avoid the fat/carbs in the milk late in the day).

Does it really matter how much whey I mix in? Sometimes I do 3 scoops (42g protein) in a 24oz water bottle, sometimes I only do 1.5 scoops (21g). Does it matter how much protein I take in? Can I take in too much... i.e. than my body will use, thus end up wasting it?

Zach

Chimp
Oct 16, 2005
The mouth of the Rat
I only have 3 scoops a day of whey protein a day (90g) minus a butload of protein bars, Anyways all the protein that your body dosent take in (which isnt much) will just come out in gas

nomav6

Chimp
Oct 14, 2005
most say to not do over 50g's at once, and as zeke said, atleast 1g per 1lb body weight, go up to 2gs if your trying to add muscle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
More than half a scoop of protein powder gives me explosive gas. I make sure to take in about 6 scoops before going on a roadtrip with friends.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
yup, up to 50g in one sitting,, some say even a bit less.. but ive also heard just because you intake 50g doesnt mean youll actually use it all. something to do with bio-availibility. some guys take in more than 50g at once. you just end up sh1tting out what you dont digest anyway. Start with 40 g@once and see what your results are. go up and down over the next few months. Excess digested protein also can be turned to fat. if you notice that, back off for a bit.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Most studies have fallen in somewhere saying 30-50g of protein at one time. There is more than likely some varience from persion to person in how much you can absorb in one sitting. Your probably better off going at the lower concentration at more times a day. Don't forget to remember that protein in calories, 50g of protein is roughly 200Cals.