Quantcast

How not to help your cause

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
This kind of thing is all the leverage bigots need to support their case. I'd be pissed if I were Muslim, but I'm also pissed when you realise they're spending my tax dollars.

It seems ridiculous that there are some that are outspoken about articles that make them uncomfortable. I'd like to read about some Muslims that speak out just as loud about suicide bombings. I am irked.

This link is reaction on a blog, but the stories that are linked in it are interesting.

http://chuckercanuck.blogspot.com/search/label/Human%20Rights%20Commissions%20-%20Part%201

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Steyn is a glorified idiot, but at the same time, you don't get to censor something just because it offends you.

If that does happen, I'm going to find Mohammed's grave, dig him up, and then skull **** (literally!) his eye socket on national tv during Ramadan...think that would get me sued?

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
I don't think the Muslims concerned would run to their lawyers to express their displeasure with your actions.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Why is the human rights commission going to listen to this anyway? I like what Rex Murphy says http://www.cbc.ca/national/blog/video/rex_murphy/human_rights_gone_awry.html

Let some asshat complain and it costs him nothing but it costs the person or company defending them self tens if not hundreds of thousands, thats BS plain and simple.
Exactly. It's completely ridiculous. Add the fact that the Human Rights Comission has alway decided for the plaintiff in every case, and it gets even worse.

Talk about making a "federal case" out of something...

Extremist much?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
This article is certainly not an example of this.
I totally agree. There's a saying about blind squirrels and nuts. I'm still amazed at the way Steyn can manage to talk and write with Conrad Black's dick in his mouth 100% of the time...but that's another story.