Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never ride, I spend to much time on this site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
This time of year, I ride at least 3-4 times per week. I try to do one BIG ride a week. No road for me.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
30 mile road ride I do not have the attention span for that, I will get out and do a 10-15 mile ride on the road bike once a week. I have been riding DH at least three days a week. I am usually going against a clock or timing myself with the tram.

Just riding in general I make it out 6 days a week.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It's coming into winter now so there are less opportunities, but I guess I average two or three times a week. I've been doing gym again too recently so that's cut out two nights.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I ride to work twice a week and I would like to ride on the weekends at least one day, but have been busy. Race season starts next weekend, so I will get at least one weekend a month for the season.

J

JRB

I try at least twice. Lately it's been once, but it looks like once some details with an accountant are ironed out, I should be riding 5 miles to work and back, and getting some good rides in. I'll get back to you with ride counts.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
7 days a week, especially now that I am going to do more bike commuting thanks to the gas prices.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Two times a week if im lucky. Just out of curiosity how do you guys/gals that say you ride 4 to 5 times a week? What kind of work do you do and how old are you,do you have familys?Im guessing those of you that ride so much are young and in school.Im 30 by the way and have my own family and work .

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
GiantRider said:
Im guessing those of you that ride so much are young and in school.Im 30 by the way and have my own family and work .
Guess again.

I'm older than that and also have "my own family and work."

I ride 5-6 days a week if the weather isn't sucking a$$.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
If you ride so much how come your still slow?
Anytime you want to ride to SF from Mt View....

Your V-10 is worth almost as much as my Seven Axiom. You should be able to keep up...

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
I was on a regular schedule of around 6-7 times a week, but now that fall has arrived I am down to 2 a week...no family here, just a girlfriend and a dog that likes to eat poop.

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
sanjuro said:
Anytime you want to ride to SF from Mt View....

Your V-10 is worth more than Seven Axiom. You should be able to keep up...

That is so far, I live in Redwood City, and being 18, lazy and downhill oriented I can’t imagine riding that far. What route do you take? I can’t think of a good way to ride that without horrible traffic.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
GiantRider said:
Two times a week if im lucky. Just out of curiosity how do you guys/gals that say you ride 4 to 5 times a week? What kind of work do you do and how old are you,do you have familys?Im guessing those of you that ride so much are young and in school.Im 30 by the way and have my own family and work .

Yea, I ride 3-4, I go to school at 7am, the get off, and go work til 10pm

So, quit yer whing

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I voted "twice a week", although "three times a week" would be more accurate (where's that voting option?). I love to ride, but it's not my only passion, so 2-3 times a week is pretty much all I commit to riding.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
manhattanprjkt83 said:
i ride as much as possible, i have been building like a mad man, so i am getting in about 3 days a week.
:stupid: building we are:thumb: the riding is kinda limited by the weather as splat said. I usually ride between 2-3 days a week. But since we have been trail building, the riding has taken a back seat. We have to get the trails cut before the vegetation takes over the woods. once the trails are done WE RIDE!!!:drool: :thumb:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Work full time, 33 years old, girlfiend, no kids.

Some weeks I get a ride in of some sort every day. Other weeks the only riding is my commute to work. Huge variability, due to my schedule, and the whims of the weather.

When spring rolls around, I think I average 5 good rides a week, not counting commuting.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
'in season' (ie, from roughly Apr to Oct) i would guess about twice a week, but a little less because i don't always get in either a weekend ride and post-work ride, and i rarely get 3 or more rides in per week. my schedule i'm shooting for is one post-work ride, and one weekend ride. but w/ the kids sports schedules now, that's the most i can see getting in.

before kids, it was probably on the order of 3-4 times per week.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I answered before I actually read the whole question. I ride almost everyday so I clicked 5-6 times, but really I only get about 2 serious rides a week.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I love bikes, but I don't think I will love riding them again.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Kopiklokoli said:
That is so far, I live in Redwood City, and being 18, lazy and downhill oriented I can’t imagine riding that far. What route do you take? I can’t think of a good way to ride that without horrible traffic.
From Mt View, there are 3 routes thru Santa Clara-San Mateo:

flat: Middlefield Road-Old Country Road
rolling: Foothill Rd-Junipero Serra-Alameda De Las Pulgas
hilly: Foothill-Sand Hill Rd-Canada Rd-Skyline Rd

Going into SF depends on where you live. The preferred route is the Great Highway, but I live in southeast SF, so I take San Mateo Ave to Bayshore Highway.

The hardest part about this ride: a strong Northern headwind the entire way.