Quantcast

How often do you service your shock?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
How often do you get your shock serviced. I get my fork redone/resealed every year by Marzocchi, but I have yet to touch my DHX5 in four seasons.

Do you just ship it back to whomever produced it, or do you send it to someone like Push?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Every 6 months (for me at least). Back to manufacturer, or DIY if you're feeling ambitious and can get a seal kit and some oil. PUSH or any suspension ship will do the same.

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
I send my DHX 5 into Fox every winter...they have it back in a week or so. I got the "ProTune" this year and they asked me if I had any specific issues so I told them I had the rebound set as fast as possible and it still seemed slow...when it came back the rebound was right on. Definitely worth it!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yikes...shock maybe once a year, once every two if i love it, fork more often, but boxxers are made of spaghetti and doll hair.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Guess I'll be sending to Push in the AM.
Then get the shock back for the 303 and send in the one on the SS.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Avy will probably be every year and the fork will be every month at this ride rate just to inspect seals etc on the boxxer end of things and lube the seals... avy side of boxxer maybe check the seal lube pull it apart now just to see if there's any wear color on it and then just seals...

Putting a ton o hard miles on it this year so maintenance will be for inspection purposes and checking to review it for further updates...

Last edited:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Fox has a pretty good record with me as long as they aren't booked up. They are cheap too.
I do my fork every 3 weekends of riding. The shock gets it when it feels funny. ie, right now.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Oil changes for the shock and fork couple times a year. Do it all myself.

wfoerk

Chimp
Jan 6, 2010
Oil changes for the shock and fork couple times a year. Do it all myself.
Where can I find the service manual for a Fox DHX 5? I'm not seeing it on their website.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Rear shocks - I send them to Fox or Push once a year

Forks - I send them in once a year as well. I wash the stanchions after every ride, lube the foam rings once a month and change non-cartridge oil every 6 months. I always store my bikes upside down to keep the rings/seals lubed.