Quantcast

How old are you?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i remember when mtv was music videos.
i remember when this came up, about 15 years ago. when i was 13... and i even remember trying to learn the sweet ass dance moves for my high school parties.

went to see jamiroquai live this week.... the press and kids refer to them as "vintage".....
awesome.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MTV? Forget MTV... does anyone remember "Friday Night Videos"? It was MTV for us po' folk who didn't even know what cable was.

Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart. The version with a sink full of maggots. I don't ever remember seeing that version again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MTV? Forget MTV... does anyone remember "Friday Night Videos"? It was MTV for us po' folk who didn't even know what cable was.

Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart. The version with a sink full of maggots. I don't ever remember seeing that version again.
Friday night video it was. Didn't live in a place where I had both cable and TV until I was 21. I remember most of the above videos with this in addition.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i remember when mtv was music videos.
i remember when this came up, about 15 years ago. when i was 13... and i even remember trying to learn the sweet ass dance moves for my high school parties.

went to see jamiroquai live this week.... the press and kids refer to them as "vintage".....
awesome.
fast forward to 3:12...talks about that video shoot....

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
What the hell were you thinking? I've lived in Tahoe for 12 years and have visited points south of lone pine twice (and even then on the mountain side). That sucks dood. Come back to your senses and let's rock out one day.
18 months without a paycheck, I wasnt jazzed about it but something needed to happen. At least in north of LA, costal and near santa barbara.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
56 and I really don't remember much about MTV. In 1981-86 I was teaching a scuba class 4 nights a week and Partying in Yosemite the other 3. After that I was working in restaurants as a chef 5pm to 2am until the mid 90's and on my days off we were in Yosemite climbing or if it was winter back countrty skiing or Ice Climbing

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
56 and I really don't remember much about MTV. In 1981-86 I was teaching a scuba class 4 nights a week and Partying in Yosemite the other 3. After that I was working in restaurants as a chef 5pm to 2am until the mid 90's and on my days off we were in Yosemite climbing or if it was winter back countrty skiing or Ice Climbing
so you were probably to young to see these guys....

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Incorrect.
The first video was 'Video killed the radio star' by the Buggles.

43, btw.
That is correct. Us 43 year olds need to support each other!

What I remember most about MTV was the scary realization that suddenly you didn't really need any musical talent to become a huge star.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
mtv was dead to me until 120 minutes came about.....i heard about music from flipside/the big takeover/thrasher.....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Incorrect.
The first video was 'Video killed the radio star' by the Buggles.

43, btw.
That is correct. Us 43 year olds need to support each other!

What I remember most about MTV was the scary realization that suddenly you didn't really need any musical talent to become a huge star.
OK, according to Wikipeepee ya'll are right. But I swear I remember that Pop Music being the first video MTV played. Even saw documentary in the early 90's about it. Oh well, I've certainly killed a lot of brain cells since then.

And as far as my age, I quit counting past 40.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You all sound like a bunch of old men, ya know. "I remember back in the day...!" lmao

I didn't know if I even get MTV right now so I checked. Apparently we do. There is something on called 'Catfish." And I noticed there isn't any music on MTV2 either. I thought that's why they made MTV2? :confused: There is an "Everybody Loves Chris" marathon coming on. WTF?

I'm 40.