Quantcast

How sad is your high school class?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Most of my classmates were rich trustafarians. It would seem that these days they are successful luxury mini-SUV and german sedan drivers on anti-depressants. I'd rather change diapers in a retirement home than go to the reunion.
Don't you drive a VW? :clue:

I keed, I keed. Where did you go to high school out of curiosity?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't you drive a VW? :clue:

I keed, I keed. Where did you go to high school out of curiosity?

Haha. Reckon I do. I guess I consider a VW Golf in a different class than entry level BMWs and Audis.

Went to HS outside of Poughkeepsie NY.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Haha. Reckon I do. I guess I consider a VW Golf in a different class than entry level BMWs and Audis.

Went to HS outside of Poughkeepsie NY.
Totally with you on the Golf, it was just an easy pot shot. :D

Oh well no **** then. I'd imagine the sort of suck you'd be dealing with there could only be rivaled by some places in Orange County, CA, etc.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'd imagine the sort of suck you'd be dealing with there could only be rivaled by some places in Orange County, CA, etc.
This is what I was talking about... Laguna Hills baby.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
This is what I was talking about... Laguna Hills baby.
Yup. I've been to Laguna Beach a bunch, and the number of botox'd up, plastically enhanced rich 40-something white women around their is unreal. I have to imagine their offspring are simply delightful.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Totally with you on the Golf, it was just an easy pot shot. :D

Oh well no **** then. I'd imagine the sort of suck you'd be dealing with there could only be rivaled by some places in Orange County, CA, etc.
From the time I spent in So-Cal I would say it was very similar. Instead of the (insert west coast stereotype here) I had to deal with the suburban Jersey Shore types.

Although I can say few positive things about the social aspects of my childhood I lived in a place where I had access to hundreds of acres of woods in a time when no one care about things like trespassing. I grew up with a sense of freedom, running and riding through woods and trails owned by someone else but felt like my own. Looking back, it was pretty ****ing awesome.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
From the time I spent in So-Cal I would say it was very similar. Instead of the (insert west coast stereotype here) I had to deal with the suburban Jersey Shore types.

Although I can say few positive things about the social aspects of my childhood I lived in a place where I had access to hundreds of acres of woods in a time when no one care about things like trespassing. I grew up with a sense of freedom, running and riding through woods and trails owned by someone else but felt like my own. Looking back, it was pretty ****ing awesome.
Yeah NY and SoCal are the only places I've ever lived for more than a few months at a time. I'm ready to GTFO. Really pulling for PNW, need to find a jerb though.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I went to school in a fairly wealthy area and most folks seem to have done reasonably well.

My wife's class is about the complete opposite. Lots of popular kids and football players whose lives peaked in high school. She shows me stuff on facebook sometimes and I feel like I'm looking at a bunch of aliens.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The guy who sold me what I learned later was a stolen bike is now the head of Citibank Credit.

He rips everyone off now.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
FYI my college degrees have yet to do ****t for me.

Follow your dreams and desires, going to college to be another cog in the wheel is over rated.
I agree but it kinda only works when you know what you are doing and preferably live in a big city (or a city where you can follow your dreams).
I was going a very fancy shmancy high school with ib program and most of my friends are either doing their PhD's now or are stuck in a corporate loop. It seems great but it's not for me and I know I would be pissed if I were in their place.
You can have the best job in the world but if you don't like it you will probably be crap at it anyway so why bother?

btw. On the topic of school friends -I found 2 guys I went to primary school are not in a police database they show you when somebody mugs you. Not that I'm suprised. You could see there were heading that direction even at 9.

splat

Nam I am

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my class was sad even before graduation.

senior prom: there was a girl in attendance who had 3 kids. from 3 different guys.

looking at facebook pics, by and far the majority have done one of three things:

1) the same things they were doing in high school

2) Gotten fat. REALLY FAT.

3) All of the above.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've got maybe two dozen high school classmates that have friended me on facebook. Funny, because I wasn't friends with most of them in high school and in fact they really didn't give two sh*ts about me. But I accept their friendship requests anyway, then LOL at what their lives have become and feel good about myself.

My college friends on facebook are all healthy and successful.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Graduated in '08 (it's sad I had to think for a minute what year I graduated already). Almost all of my friends who didn't go to college/dropped out are in the coal mines and spending every penny they earn while still living with their parents. Most of my friends in college are doing well, a couple in med school, few nurses already (or close to it). I'm probably the lower end of the spectrum... going to community college while living with the parents.... but slow and steady wins the race, right? right? :(
Oh, our lives sound the same, however there is now light at the end of the tunnel for the 4 year school. And hopefully my masters program. What am I talking about? I got this haha, it's all mind set.

Yea, I went to a private school, religiously focused. No one believed in what the school taught that went there, and they still don't, including myself. Some are successful... 2 pharmacists in the making, a doctor etc... the rest are lost and not making their way, a few military.

Only one or two with a criminal record now. Seems like I am killing it at this point in life compared to most of them, but I still feel so behind.

Last edited: