Quantcast

How short is too short

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I work for a a small non profit/law office/venture capitalist firm.

Most woman wear long skirts if they wear a skirt.
Yup yup. That's the consensus. I figured if I was uncomfortable in it or had any question, then it probably wasn't appropriate, but i don't make decisions without consulting the interwebs first.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yup yup. That's the consensus. I figured if I was uncomfortable in it or had any question, then it probably wasn't appropriate, but i don't make decisions without consulting the interwebs first.
This is certainly the best place to come to for fashion advise.:monkeydance:

I'm shocked that this thread didn't spiral out of control, monkeys fear you.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
This is certainly the best place to come to for fashion advise.:monkeydance:

I'm shocked that this thread didn't spiral out of control, monkeys fear you.
I've got no where else to turn. I was hoping blue bug and treesaw would at le4ast be around today. Although tree saw is a teacher so she probably wears sweaters with apples and the alphabet on them :) The bitches on my running forum would have me dressing like someone out of the devil wears prada before the thread was over.

As for an out of control thread, sometimes if you ignore the jaskasses they actually go away.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I
sometimes if you ignore the jaskasses they actually go away.
No, I'm still here.

I've just never worked in an office environment and have no understanding of that world. However, based on the before and after pictures that you posted, I'd say wear what ever you want. If someone has something negative to say about it then that's their problem not yours. Be proud of yourself.

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
No, I'm still here.

I've just never worked in an office environment and have no understanding of that world. However, based on the before and after pictures that you posted, I'd say wear what ever you want. If someone has something negative to say about it then that's their problem not yours. Be proud of yourself.
wow! you are pathetic :twitch:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Short skirts are professional suicide unless they're Armani and come with a long jacket.

Also: I've noted that some women can become over run with jealousy if they think your cookies are better than theirs.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I've got no where else to turn. I was hoping blue bug and treesaw would at le4ast be around today. Although tree saw is a teacher so she probably wears sweaters with apples and the alphabet on them :) The bitches on my running forum would have me dressing like someone out of the devil wears prada before the thread was over.

As for an out of control thread, sometimes if you ignore the jaskasses they actually go away.
Its actually quite nice to see how many gave serious responces on this one, glad you got some serious Input.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Sounds like you already found your answer, but will back up your decision that I think knee length is the shortest that is probably acceptable at work.

If you love Ann Tayler have you tried Ann Taylor Loft? Clothes are a little less pricey and they have killer sales (which is when I picked up most of my stuff from there).

Good luck! (I HATE clothes and had to get the new wardrobe with my new job because I can't wear shorts and sweat****s in to the office any more :plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown: )