Quantcast

How small is 2 small 4 26" wheels?

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
i'm 5'5" tall and i've recently really gotten into riding urban and this summer really started jumping alot. i'm finding that 26" wheels especially for urban just seem really big and hard to manuever for my height. so i've been thinking of buying a DMR Rhythm and buiding it up w/ a 4" fork. i just think that i can't have the same ability to move a big bike around like someone who's 6', but maybe on a 24" wheel specific bike it will be easier to throw around and manuever. Anyone else feel this is a problem for them? am i just crazy?

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
that definately sounds like a good idea because ven though i am 6 feet i would still want dual 24s for that stuff

I'm probably just rectally extrapolating, but I don't think wheel size makes a difference with your stature. I'm 6ft/200lbs. I have a 20" Backtrail, a 24" SX24, and an Instigator that I built up with a 24"R and 26"F. They all kind of feel that same because they all weigh in at approx. 30lbs. The only reason that I put a 24" on the rear of my Instigator is to mount an IRC KujoDH 24x3.00 for urban riding. About 25psi in that tire and its like a rear shock.